- Chicken is highly nutritious and is loaded with good sources of proteins, and vitamins and it also contains leucine and lysine amino acids which are vital for muscle growth and repair. It also reduces the risk of osteoporosis as well as enhances bone density.
- Spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander, cumin, and star-anise, etc are rich in antioxidants.
- As it contains cloves, they are a powerhouse of antioxidants and a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- Cinnamon reduces high blood pressure; it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cardamom is also known as an elachi-rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C, calcium, iron, and zinc. It promotes heart health and digestion and regulates diabetes.
- Star anise has the name suggest it is star-shaped, has licorice flavor, rich in vitamin C has antifungal properties, and improves women's health.
- Chicken pickle contains so many ingredients as mentioned above it has a huge amount of health benefits hence making it a part of your meals.
- India is the world’s top exporter of pickles
- The word “Pickle” comes from the German meaning‘ salt’ or ‘brine’ these are very important components in the pickling process.
- The method of preserving pickles originated during the 17th century and spread across the world. The word pickle means ‘a spicy sauce or gravy served with meat or fowl’.
- Chicken meat is a low-fat source of protein about 80% of calories come from protein and the remaining 20% from fat.
- Chicken pickle constitutes an excellent substrate for probiotic lactic acid bacteria (LAB) which enhance the storage life or shelf life of meats for centuries.
- The research concluded that pickles eaten at mealtime may reduce blood glucose levels.
- The juice present in the pickle contains lactobacillus, which is one of the healthy gut bacteria. This bacterium is one of the probiotics beneficial for overall health.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two tablespoons or pieces of Chicken pickle can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for lunchtime as a side dish with rice.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten alongside Indian lunch or tiffin varieties
- can also be mixed with hot boiled rice.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- It is advisable to eat in moderation.
Story/History of recipe
Chicken pickle is a renowned pickle variety in South India. It is originally from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is an ancient and traditional recipe that has been prepared for many centuries and is found across all cultures. In Andhra Pradesh, it is commonly called Kodi pachadi. Even though there are other different variations available, the most common ingredients of this pickle are Chicken, spices, red chili powder, and salt. Owing to the simple recipe and great taste it is one of the common household condiments of South India.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
The following are the ingredients needed for preparing Chicken Pickle,
- Chicken bone / boneless
- Ginger garlic paste
- Red chili Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Lemons Juice
- Coriander seeds/dhaniyalu
- Cumin seeds/jeera
- Poppy seeds/khus-khus/gasagasalu
- Methi seeds/methulu/fenugreek seeds
- Cinnamon stick
- Star anise
- Fresh curry leaves
- Dry red chilies
- Add boneless chicken pieces-1/2 kg in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder-1/2 spoon, salt-1 spoon, ginger and garlic paste-1 spoon.
- Mix well all of them.
- Heat a pan over a medium flame add chicken pieces.
- Stir and dry roast the chicken pieces.
- Now chicken releases water dry completely.
- Switch off the fire. Set aside until the oil gets heated.
- Heat a pan over medium flame add a cup of oil.
- When oil gets heated drop the chicken pieces.
- Stir and fry until they turns golden.
- Fry until the chicken pieces turn dark golden Dont let this crisp.
- Take into a plate and set aside
Mixing all the spices:
- Add 2 spoons of ginger and garlic paste in the same pan which we fried the chicken. This oil is sufficient for pickles.
- Stir and fry until the raw smell disappears and turns golden.
- Add blended pickle masala powder. Can add Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Poppy seeds, fenugreek seeds, Cloves, Cinnamon sticks, cardamom, Star anise, and Fresh curry leaves. The fresh masala always leads to a tasty pickle.
- Add red chili powder-1/2 cup. Prefer Kashmiri red chili powder for a spicy pickle and nice color.
- Stir and fry for a minute.
- Fry until foam or bubbles appear.
- Add salt and Blend of given masala Powder and mix well.
- Switch off the fire and then add 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Cool the mixture.
- Take into an airtight container and can store for at least 2 months or longer.
- Serve Andhra chicken pickle with steamed hot rice.
Make sure that the airtight container is dry. Rub with a cotton cloth and then add a chicken pickle for long storage.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
Chicken pickles in India.
Pickles play a prominent role in their regular usage by people all over our country. Kandra foods offer you the best homemade pickles online in every cornered city of our country. Our homemade chicken is consistently pure, and its tangy mixed-taste pickles will make you add to the cart again. Kandra food offers a wide variety of products for homemade usage. Buy chicken pickles online in India from Kandra foods and avail your product at a discount.
Kandra foods chicken pickles are so lip-smacking delicious, and you won’t even know how the jar gets empty in a short time. Shop chicken pickles from Kandra foods and receive the product within an estimated time at your doorstep. To Purchase chicken pickles in India online, use our website and avail yourself of free delivery for bulk orders. Chicken is the best source of essential vitamins and minerals. Proteins help to create new cells and repair the existing ones. Kandra foods follow the proper manufacturing process to use all the essential nutrients. Order chicken pickles online from our source and apply coupons to get the product in a reasonable amount. Our price of chicken pickles in India is very reasonable compared to the quality of the product we deliver to our customers.
Chicken pickles manufacturers in India
Kandra foods manufacture chicken pickles in a polished environment. Chicken pickles are surprisingly very beneficial to our health. Their primary source of essential vitamins and minerals comes in chicken fulfills our daily needs of nutrients. Kandra foods chicken pickles provide the daily value of vitamins K, A, and C. Our manufacturers ensure you don’t lose any nutrients, so they prepare it in an appropriate and clean, and tidy environment. Our jar of chicken pickle comes in a very tight seal pack, and before reaching out to our customers, it passes all the quality tests. We deliver chicken pickles in a closed, tight jar to ensure our customers are satisfied with our service. Kandra Foods is a premium non-veg pickle manufacturer and produces 10-12 different types of non-veg pickles. We are the best wholesale chicken pickle exporters. We get bulk chicken pickles orders from overseas countries regularly. Free shipping is obtainable on bulk orders of chicken pickles from the Kandra foods website.
Here are a few of the chicken pickle varieties manufactured and Supplied in India by KandraFoods,
- Chicken pickle from Andhra.
- Punjabi Murgh Achar.
- Chicken pickle with bone.
- Boneless chicken pickle.