- Ugadi pachadi is not taken from the perspective of health benefits, and as its taken only on the occasion of Ugadi or on the new year day of south India its significance on health is very minimal.
- If we have to speak about the health benefits based on the ingredients used in preparing it, the benefits will be as follows.
- The pachadi will be rich in calcium and vitamin C and is very useful for bone health.
- The ugadi pachadi has various dry fruits and fried grams used and your body will get a lot of vitamins and proteins, which are very useful for to stay energetic and healthy.
- The Jaggery used will have a lot of minerals and vitamins and will make it a very good supplement for the body and keep you energetic throughout the day.
- The bitter neem leaves doesn't let the blood glucose spike up even when the sweets are consumed at moderate levels, which also helps you in detoxification.
- Sweet taste of jaggery symbolizes happiness.
- Pungent Taste of raw mangoes symbolizes surprises in life.
- Neem flowers Bitter taste represent the Disappointment we face in life
- Sour taste comes from the tamarind & symbolizes unpleasantness.
- Salty Taste of Salt symbolizes Fear of the unknown Phase
- Pepper's Spicy taste symbolizes Anger in Person
Suggested consumable by age groups
- Everyone can consume this regardless of the age and gender and the health status, as its made of healthy natural ingredients.
Good times to eat:
- One to two Tablespoons can be consumed by all age groups.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Someone who already has gastritis, Ulcers, and acidic reflux should not eat often or in large amounts.
Story/History of recipe
Ugadi is the New Year's Day for the States of Andhra Pradesh, and Tamilnadu . According to the Telugu people's belief, on the day of Ugadi, Brahma started creating the world and wrote the fates of People. The meaning behind Ugadi Pachadi is, people have to face every feeling in their life with equality. Of this pachadi ( Ugadi pachadi) .
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
This readymade mix packet comes with all the ingredients processed, and packed and you have to just add all of the ingredients to one bowl, mix them well before adding the water and if you think it's all mixed well you can now add a water as per the thickness preference and mix it well again.
Note: Some of the ingredients mentioned above are optional in the mix, you don’t have to add all the ingredients, it's a choice you can exclude some of them if you think it's not needed. We have added many ingredients to the list so that it becomes suitable for people from all the regions and traditions.
Start EarningIts an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english