- Ginger has antioxidants that prevents oxidative stress and boosts immunity.
- It has anti inflammatory properties that can help with muscle pain and menstrual cramps.
- It can prevent nausea, morning sickness and gastrointestinal problems. It can also help relieve constipation.
- It has nutrients that can improve brain health and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- It helps lower cholesterol and glucose levels thereby reduce the risk of heart disease.
Story/History of recipe
Ginger Burfi With Jaggery is a South Caucasian fruit preserve mostly made of berries and cherries. Later it was introduced to India and made with Indian fruits such as amla and mango. It was originally introduced as a thick jam like substance which was later on made into a candy. Ginger Burfi With Jaggery also known as Ginger candy or Ginger Murabba is a South Indian candy that comes under this. It has been around for many years and owing to its medicinal properties it is popular for being more than just a sweet treat.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Kirstin W. EvertonGraphic Designer, Apple
Kimberly MasonCustomer Service, Google
Jack JohnsonDeveloper, Uber