- Ugadi pachadi is not taken from the perspective of health benefits, and as its taken only on the occasion of Ugadi or on the new year day of south India its significance on health is very minimal.
- If we have to speak about the health benefits based on the ingredients used in preparing it, the benefits will be as follows.
- The pachadi will be rich in calcium and vitamin C and is very useful for bone health.
- The ugadi pachadi has various dry fruits and fried grams used and your body will get a lot of vitamins and proteins, which are very useful for to stay energetic and healthy.
- The Jaggery used will have a lot of minerals and vitamins and will make it a very good supplement for the body and keep you energetic throughout the day.
- The bitter neem leaves doesn't let the blood glucose spike up even when the sweets are consumed at moderate levels, which also helps you in detoxification.
- Sweet taste of jaggery symbolizes happiness.
- Pungent Taste of raw mangoes symbolizes surprises in life.
- Neem flowers Bitter taste represent the Disappointment we face in life
- Sour taste comes from the tamarind & symbolizes unpleasantness.
- Salty Taste of Salt symbolizes Fear of the unknown Phase
- Pepper's Spicy taste symbolizes Anger in Person
Suggested consumable by age groups
- Everyone can consume this regardless of the age and gender and the health status, as its made of healthy natural ingredients.
Good times to eat:
- One to two Tablespoons can be consumed by all age groups.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Someone who already has gastritis, Ulcers, and acidic reflux should not eat often or in large amounts.
Story/History of recipe
Ugadi is the New Year's Day for the States of Andhra Pradesh, and Tamilnadu . According to the Telugu people's belief, on the day of Ugadi, Brahma started creating the world and wrote the fates of People. The meaning behind Ugadi Pachadi is, people have to face every feeling in their life with equality. Of this pachadi ( Ugadi pachadi) .
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
This readymade mix packet comes with all the ingredients processed, and packed and you have to just add all of the ingredients to one bowl, mix them well before adding the water and if you think it's all mixed well you can now add a water as per the thickness preference and mix it well again.
Note: Some of the ingredients mentioned above are optional in the mix, you don’t have to add all the ingredients, it's a choice you can exclude some of them if you think it's not needed. We have added many ingredients to the list so that it becomes suitable for people from all the regions and traditions.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english