- Gram flour contains magnesium and other nutrients that helps to maintain blood pressure and cholesterol thereby prevents heart diseases and reduces hypertension.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- Urad dal is rich with minerals such as phosphorus and calcium that helps with bone and teeth health.
- It also contains magnesium, potassium and iron which are good for the heart, boosts immunity and improves the digestive system.
- Both gram flour and urad dal flour are loaded with protein and fibre which makes them ideal to be included in a weight loss diet.
- Roasted gram and peanuts are loaded with protein and fibre that can boost energy.
- They are also filled with minerals that can improve muscle, brain and heart health.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein, copper and other minerals that improve brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties.
- Aval is gluten free and contains dietary fibre, protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- It is a probiotic that supports a healthy gut.
- Curry leaves are rich with antioxidants that prevent oxidative damage and help support the cardiovascular system and nervous system.
- It also has nutrients that are healthy for eyes, skin and hair.
Story/History of recipe
Mixture, as the name suggests it is a combination of different types of snacks, nuts, fried lentils, curry leaves and more. It is popular in India and different parts of the country follow different styles. There is no particular recipe and there is no limit when it comes to the combination of mixture. Kara Mixture is a South Indian variety and it consists of traditional South Indian snacks such as Kara Boondi, Omapodi, Murukku and many more. It is one of the common savoury snacks and is also prepared specially for Diwali .