- Rice flour can be a healthy alternative for wheat in case of a gluten free diet.
- Urad dal is rich with minerals such as phosphorus and calcium that helps with bone and teeth health.
- It also contains magnesium, potassium and iron which are good for the heart, boosts immunity and improves the digestive system.
- Along with the iron content it is also rich in protein and fibre hence ideal to be included in a weight loss diet and helps to increase the energy levels.
- Cumin seeds help with good digestion.
Story/History of recipe
Chakli is a traditional Indian snack that is originally from Tamil Nadu. The Kannada word 'Murukku' means "to twist". There are many varieties of Chakli available, they come in unique shapes and sizes. Chakli is one of the popular ones. It has an amazing look with more twists and is available from smaller ones to a bigger size of upto 9 layers. It is specially prepared for festivals like Diwali, Krishna Jayanti , Gowri Hunnime and many more.