- Raw rice contains nutrients like calcium and zinc. It is 100% gluten-free.
- Jaggery is rich in iron which gives energy and is helpful for problems like fatigue and anemia.
- It also contains potassium which lowers blood pressure and antioxidants and minerals that help to increase hemoglobin and cleanses the organs of our body.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- It is low in sugar and can be helpful for type 2 diabetic patients.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Pistachios are loaded with protein, fiber and potassium. It promotes eye and gut health.
- It also helps lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
Story/History of recipe
Dry Fruit Pootharekulu/Poothareku is a traditional sweet that is originally from Atreyapuram a village in Andhra Pradesh. It has simple preparation steps of stuffing sugar, nuts and ghee in a rice starch sheet which is also known as the Pootharekulu sheet. The word ‘Pootha’ in English means coated and the word ‘Rekulu’ means sheets. This recipe is said to be invented by a village woman when sugar and ghee were added to the leftover rice starch. Later it was expanded as a business and became a renowned sweet of the village and Andhra. It is popularly prepared for many special occasions like Telugu weddings and other festivals.