- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 36 g
- Fiber - 1 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Calcium - 21 mg
- Potassium - 60 mg
- Iron - 1 mg
- Milk and curd is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Lemon Juice contains soluble fiber which can promote gut health and prevent digestive issues.
- It is a good source of vitamin C which promotes heart health, boosts the immune system and prevents chronic diseases. Along with citric acid, it helps with the absorption of minerals like iron and thereby prevents anemia.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Pistachios are loaded with protein, fiber and potassium. It promotes eye and gut health.
- It also helps lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Cardamom Powder has antibacterial properties that can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps with digestion.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- There are over 50+ traditional fried pastry dessert varieties available in India
- Other names of Chitti Badusha include Balushahi, Bhadusha and Balsaahi.
- Curd helps in the absorption of vitamin B6 and minerals like calcium, iron and potassium
- Compared to milk, curd is easy to digest and also help promote gut health and prevents stomach infections
- Chitti Badusha is more popular in South Indian states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- Chitti Badusha is one among the top countrywide popular desserts like Gulab Jamun and Jalebi that are sugar-glazed confectionery.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Badusha can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snack varieties.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes shall not consume.
STORY/HISTORY OF RECIPE
Badusha is an Indian pastry popular throughout the country. It is a traditional sweet said to have originated from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. It may look slightly similar to doughnuts in appearance but has a different taste and has a flaky layered texture on the inside. The sugar-glazed sweet is almost everyone’s favorite. It is specially prepared and shared during many occasions like weddings and festivals like Diwali.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS, PREPARATION STEPS AND OCCASIONS SERVED
Watch Recipe Video
EVENT/FESTIVALS SERVED/MOST POPULAR DURING
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
The following are the ingredients needed to prepare Chitti Badusha,
- Maida - 1 ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda - ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice - a few drops
- Elaichi/cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
- Saffron - 2 teaspoons
- Sliced almonds and pistachios - 3 tablespoons or as preferred.
- Ghee - 4 tablespoons
- Water - ½ cup
- Oil for deep fry
- In a wide bowl, add maida, baking soda, ghee, curd, powdered sugar and milk one by one and gently knead them into a soft dough.
- Cover it with a towel and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a pan with sugar and water. Keep stirring.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to prevent crystallization.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron to the sugar syrup.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside once it reaches the one-string consistency.
- In a different pan pour oil for deep fry and let it heat.
- Meanwhile, pinch and take a lemon-sized dough and roll it into a ball.
- Slightly flatten it with your palm and press the center with your index finger.
- When the oil is heated, drop the prepared discs gently into the pan. You can fry more than one at a time based on the pan’s capacity.
- Let it fry, slowly it will float up, at this time flip them to cook well.
- Once it turns light brown, remove them one by one and place them on a tissue cloth to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining dough.
- Dip these fried discs into the sugar syrup. Flip and cover it completely with sugar syrup.
- Let it soak in the sugar syrup for 10 -15 minutes.
- Once it has absorbed the sugar syrup, plate it by garnishing with sliced pistachios and almonds and saffron, if preferred.
- Prepared Chitti Badusha if stored in an airtight container can be enjoyed for 5-7 days.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.