- Dates are loaded with various kinds of antioxidants which help in removing free radicals and prevent cell damage. It also helps in promoting heart and eye health.
- It has anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties and thereby can prevent the risk of chronic diseases.
- It can help lower blood sugar levels and fat levels. It also can improve the secretion of insulin and hence, be beneficial to people with diabetes.
- It is a great source of minerals and has a good amount of fiber which helps with any digestive issues like relieving constipation.
- Figs are loaded with fiber that helps in many digestive-related issues and acts as prebiotic and promotes gut health.
- It can help in controlling blood sugar and fat levels and thereby prevents the risk of heart issues like cardiovascular diseases. It also helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- The calcium and potassium content helps in strengthening bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Pistachios are loaded with protein, fiber and potassium. It promotes eye and gut health.
- It also helps lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Raisins are loaded with antioxidants that help fight cancer cells. The iron content is good for cardiovascular health.
- White Sesame Seeds are rich in nutrition with healthy unsaturated fats which lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The magnesium and calcium content in sesame seeds improves bone health and the immune system.
Story/History of recipe
Dry fruit laddu is one of the popular laddu varieties in India. It is versatile and has many variations across the country and has no set ingredients. Inclusions and exclusions of various nuts and dry fruits or even other ingredients can be done as per the individual’s preferences. From including the nuts as a whole to grinding them finely into a powder, any way of preparing works and tastes best for this laddu. It can be consumed regularly as an energy bar and can also be prepared for any special occasion.