Story/History of recipe
7 cup sweet is a South Indian special sweet. As the name suggests, the recipe for the sweet includes ingredients that are measured exactly seven cups in total. It is prepared in a similar way to a coconut burfi but has a few other ingredients. It is a simple homemade sweet that can be prepared for any special occasions and festivals like Diwali.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
IngredientsThe following are the ingredients needed for preparing 7 cup sweet,
- Gram flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Milk or milk powder - 1 cup
- Almond powder - 1 cup (Soak in hot water to peel off the skin before grinding it into power)
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat a pan and dry roast gram flour for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cardamom powder one by one, mix well and cook at low to medium.
- Keep stirring until it starts to thicken.
- In a few minutes bubbles will start to appear, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Stir gently until it non-stick and can be separated from the bottom.
- It must be smooth and light dough that is thick enough to roll into a ball without sticking to your fingers.
- At this stage, turn off the flame and transfer it to a greased tray.
- Shake and flatten it with the backside of a greased spoon to level the top layer.
- Sprinkle finely grated almonds and cashews on the top for garnish and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- When it has been set well cut into desired shapes, square or diamond pieces and it is ready to serve.
- This can be stored in an airtight container and can be enjoyed for a week if refrigerated.
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It is loaded with nutrients and contains vitamins that are healthy for women during their pregnancy.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- It is ideal to be included in a gluten free diet..
- Milk is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Magnesium content helps lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It is beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes as it improves insulin secretion.
- Coconut contains saturated fats that are accumulated to produce energy.
- They are rich in fiber and help improve the digestive system and heart health.
- Antioxidants in coconut can improve the immune system and reduce the risk of inflammation
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Consuming almonds can keep you away from hunger pangs as it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein.
- A cup of grated coconut can provide fiber that is more than 20% of daily value.
- Almonds aid people with type 2 diabetes as it promotes slower absorption of carbohydrates and sugar.
- India is the world's largest producer of milk with over 20 percent of global milk production.
- Almost 80 percent of the world's almonds are produced by California. It has the world's largest almond factory which produces over a million pounds of almonds every day.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one or two pieces can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- Is perfect to eat in the evenings or anytime after a meal.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside a tea or coffee and Indian savories/snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes should avoid it.
- Coconut can increase cholesterol hence it is advisable not to consume often.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english