- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 9 g
- Fiber - 3 g
- Protein - 2 g
- Phosphorus - 57 mg
- Calcium - 50 mg
- Magnesium - 33 mg
- Vitamins - 37 mg
- Red chili has a good amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Minerals like potassium reduce the risk of a heart attack and improve kidney health.
- Calcium and copper content help in strengthening bones and promote healthy neurons.
- Vitamins present in red chili boost the immune system and metabolism.
- Mustard seeds are rich in nutrients and are more than just seasoning.
- It contains glucosinolates and antioxidants which products the body from infections and diseases.
- Fenugreek powder helps boost metabolism and is beneficial for people with type 1 and 2 diabetes. It supports in lowering of blood sugar levels.
- Cumin powder has antioxidants, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It supports the central nervous system and improves memory power.
- Fennel seeds can help with stomach and intestine issues and can relieve gas and constipation.
- There are over 400 different varieties of chillies are available. It is largely cultivated in countries like China, Japan, Indonesia, India and Mexico
- It is said that the white pith that is on the inside of a chilli is spicier than its seeds.
- Including Red Mirchi pickle, there are about five different varieties of pickled chillies available in India.
- Red chilli contains capsaicin, an active component that causes the burning and hot flavor also has health benefits. It also helps in producing endorphins and thereby can act as natural painkillers.
- Bhut Jolokia, a red chilli from Assam is the spiciest red chilli in India.
- There are 5+ different kinds of red chillies available in India and are commonly used in different Indian cuisines.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one tablespoon can be consumed in moderation by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for lunchtime as a side dish for curd rice.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten alongside lunch or tiffin varieties
When not to eat or eat more often:
- It is advisable to eat in moderation.
Story/History of recipe
Red Mirchi Pickle is one of the popular pickles of India. It is originally from Benaras. It is also popularly known as Laal Mirch Ka Benarasi Achar or Bharwaan Laal Mirch Ka Achar. It is also famous in Rajasthan. Unlike most pickle recipes it is prepared by stuffing the spices into half-cut red chillies. The recipe also includes vinegar to bring the sour flavor to the pickle. This can be a great condiment for curd rice and for parathas along with any daal sabzi or simply raita.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
The following are the ingredients needed to prepare Red Mirchi pickle,
- Fresh red chillies - 15 numbers
- Mustard seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Mango powder - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida /Hing - ½ teaspoon
- Salt as required
- Oil - 1 cup or less
- Wash and clean the red chillies and dry them using a white cloth.
- Using a dry knife chop and remove the head tip of the red chillies. Slit half one side of each red chilli and scrape out the seed part. After deseeding keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the spices like mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Transfer them to a dry blender jar and grind them into a coarse powder.
- In a bowl add the prepared powder, turmeric powder, mango powder, asafoetida and salt. Mix well.
- Add vinegar or alternatively, oil can also be used. Once again mix them well.
- Stuff this masala in the half-cut red chillies and place it into a dry jar.
- Any excess masala can also be added to the jar if preferred and pour into a cup or less heated oil.
- Cover the jar tightly with a lid and give it a shake.
- Place this jar outside and let it rest for about 5-7 days under sunlight.
- Make sure to shake every time before placing it outside.
- It will be ready and perfect to serve after 7 days. Use a clean and dry spoon while serving.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.