- Milk is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Lemon contains soluble fiber which can promote gut health and prevent digestive issues.
- It is a good source of vitamin C which promotes heart health, boosts the immune system and prevents chronic diseases. Along with citric acid, it helps with the absorption of minerals like iron and thereby prevents anemia.
- Cardamom powder can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps with digestion.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
Story/History of recipe
Ajmeer Kalakand is an Indian milk sweet originally from Rajasthan. It was first made in 1947 and is also known as Alwar Kalakand. It is popular in countries like India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It is prepared by boiling milk and cooking it get the Indian dairy food called Khoa. It is famous all over the country and is specially prepared for festivals like Diwali, Dussehra, Eid and many more.