- Milk is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Lemon contains soluble fiber which can promote gut health and prevent digestive issues.
- It is a good source of vitamin C which promotes heart health, boosts the immune system and prevents chronic diseases. Along with citric acid, it helps with the absorption of minerals like iron and thereby prevents anemia.
- Cardamom powder can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps with digestion.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Adding lemon juice to milk while boiling makes it thick and it starts to curdle. Later after a few simple processes, it is prepared as Paneer, the Indian cottage cheese.
- It is said that over a thousand new dairy products are introduced every year.
- Other names of Kalakand include Mishri-mawa, milk cake and Qalaqand.
- Khoa is included in many other Indian sweets and it acts as a thickening agent.
- Palkova and Amrutha Phala are a few of many similar milk sweets available in India.
- It is said that the name originated from the Arab language where ‘Kand’ means sweet.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for evenings or after a meal as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside Indian snacks
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes shall not consume.
- People who are lactose intolerant shall avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Ajmeer Kalakand is an Indian milk sweet originally from Rajasthan. It was first made in 1947 and is also known as Alwar Kalakand. It is popular in countries like India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It is prepared by boiling milk and cooking it get the Indian dairy food called Khoa. It is famous all over the country and is specially prepared for festivals like Diwali, Dussehra, Eid and many more.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- In a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan, boil one liter of milk for about an hour until it has reduced and started to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- At this stage add one teaspoon of lemon juice. Milk will start to curdle.
- Add one cup of sugar batch by batch and keep stirring.
- It will start to thicken, add cardamom powder and keep stirring until it turns light brown.
- Add two tablespoons of ghee and give it a mix.
- Meanwhile, grease a cake tin or any flat surfaced container with a tablespoon of ghee.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it to the greased container.
- Flatten it, garnish it with nuts and cover it with a cloth/towel.
- Let it rest for eight hours or overnight.
- When it has set well with a soft and fudgy texture cut it into desired pieces and it is ready to eat.
- If preferred it can also be garnished with saffron and edible silver.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english