Story/History of recipe
Palak Paneer is one of the famous North Indian and South Indian dishes. It is one of the healthy recipes typically served with naans, parathas, rotis, and flavored rice like jeera rice, biryani rice.
Palak paneer made with spinach, paneer, and spices. We have to blanch the spinach before making any recipe. Why we have to blanch the spinach
Blanching releases some of the calcium which is present in leaves
Blanching gets rid of harmful organisms which can cause food poison
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
(COOKING FOR TWO PEOPLE)
- Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
- Tomato -1 medium sized finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 5 finely chopped
- Paneer – as required
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- Hing – half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water – as required
- Oil or ghee – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as required
FOR MAKING PALAK PUREE:-
- Palak (spinach)- 6 cups
- Green chilies -2 finely chopped
- Garlic -2 numbers chopped or crushed
- Ginger – 1 inch roughly chopped
- Water – as required
- Wash spinach leaves in water and keep aside
- Take a pan, heat it and pour 3 cups of water and add salt
- After boiling water add spinach leaves and let it be the palak leaves sit in the water for 1 minute
- After one minute take the leaves and let it cool
- After cooling take a blender, add spinach leaves, ginger, garlic, and, green chilies and make it into a smooth paste. No need to add water while making this paste.
- Keep this paste aside
- Now take a kadai and heat it and pour ghee or oil
- Now add cumin or jeera and fry for 1 minute
- After that add a leaf and fry for 1 minute
- Now add finely chopped onion and saute them till the onion turns into golden color
- Now add garlic and saute them until the raw the aroma of garlic disc disappears. Add chopped tomatoes and saute them till they soften.
- Once the tomatoes are softened add chili powder, turmeric and, hing and give a good mix for 1 minute
- Now add palak puree and mix well
- Add water as required and stir again
- Now turn the flame into low and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on low flame
- Now add salt as required and add garam masala and mix well
- Now add paneer cubes as much as you want
- Mix well and cook on low flame until paneer becomes soft
- Finally add, fresh cream and garnish with coriander leaves
- It’s all done. Delicious Palak paneer is ready and serve when it is hot and enjoy the recipe
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates : 10.6g|Protein :7.6g
- Fat : 9.2g|Cholesterol:14.8 mg
- Potassium : 744.0 mg |Sodium:149.8mg
- Vitamin A : 218.8% |Vitamin C:57.9%
- Full of nutrition – The dish contains whole nutrition which includes potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A and many more.
- Ultimate weight loss food – If u are looking to lose weight add this recipe to your diet plan.
- It lowers the blood pressure- Spinach contains antioxidants that keep cholesterol levels low.
- Palak paneer is great for pregnant women – It contains vitamin A which boosts the immune system. If u take palak paneer in pregnancy, it really helps for developing the baby’s brain and nervous system.
- It improves digestion
- Palak paneer is one of the famous North Indian and South Indian recipes
- Alternate names: Palak paneer or saag paneer
- Cooking duration: If you have already prepared ingredients that are needed for the recipe it takes 30 minutes and It can be cooked between 30 to 40 minutes
- The life of this recipe is 1 to 2 hours. If we store in cool places like the fridge, it won’t spoil immediately
- It can be prepared in parties and functions. Especially in festivals also.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- It is everyone’s favorite and all age groups like this dish. Even kids more than 2 years can have it. It Is good for health.
Good times to eat:
- Usually, immediate serving will be tastier can be enjoyed anytime
- Preferred to have within 30 minutes of preparation
Eat along with:
- This curry mainly served with roti, naans, poori, and also with flavored rice like Jeera rice, Biryani, etc.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People who are allergic to paneer should avoid consuming.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.