Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Peanuts are loaded with proteins and fiber that helps in increasing the energy levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and manages blood sugar.
- It contains healthy fats and low carbohydrates.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals that can be helpful for muscle and heart health.
- Vitamins that improve brain health and boost memory are also present in peanuts.
- Poha is gluten free and is loaded with dietary fiber, protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- It is a probiotic that supports a healthy gut.
- It is rich in vitamins and helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- It is loaded with iron and is low in calories and glycemic index.
- Onions are a rich source of antioxidants along with cancer fighting properties that can prevent the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- It is loaded with prebiotics that can improve the digestive system and help the immune system. It also provides bacterial balance in the gut.
- Ginger has antioxidants that prevents oxidative stress and boosts immunity.
- It has anti inflammatory properties that can help with muscle pain and menstrual cramps.
- It can prevent nausea, morning sickness, gastrointestinal problems.
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It contains iron and magnesium that helps to enhance metabolism and maintain blood pressure thereby prevents heart diseases.
- Cumin powder has antioxidants, anti cancer and anti inflammatory properties.
- It supports the central nervous system and improves memory power.
- Onions can help with maintaining blood sugar and improve bone mineral density.
- The term 'patty' originated from the French word pâté as an English alteration in the 17th century. It means a paste, pie or loaf filled with minced meat, vegetables, and spices.
- India celebrates World Poha Day every year on 7th June.
- Poha is also light on the stomach and can be easily digested. Therefore, it can either be had as the first morning meal or as a light evening meal. Poha will never cause bloating and will also keep you full for longer.
- Poha with jaggery or yogurt or lime are a few quick and popular dishes in India.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of one or two peanut poha patties can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten with condiments like ketchup or mint chutney.
- This can also replace the original patty while preparing burgers.
- This can be relished alongside a hot cup of tea or coffee.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People allergic to peanuts shall avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Poha the dish is a widely consumed breakfast in India especially in Maharashtra. This breakfast recipe's name is from its main ingredient flattened rice which is also known as poha. It also includes peanuts and hence the combination of both is a popular one. Peanut Poha Patties is a much tastier variation of this combo. As both are staple ingredients it is mostly prepared at home as an evening snack. It is enjoyed by all age groups from kids to adults.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
The following are the ingredients needed for preparing Peanut Poha Patties,
- Peanuts - 1 cup (coarsely ground)
- Poha - 1 cup
- Gram flour - 1/4 cup
- Corn flour - 2 tablespoons
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Coriander and mint leaves - a handful
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as required
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Soak one cup of poha in water and keep it aside for a few minutes. Later drain if there is excess water, grind and take it in a big bowl.
- In the same bowl, add coarsely ground peanuts, finely chopped onion, ginger, coriander and mint leaves, gram flour, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix the contents well by sprinkling water. Do not pour too much water and in case of excess water, adjust it by adding a few spoons of gram flour.
- Grease your palm with oil, take a handful of this mixture, roll it into a small sized balls and flatten it by pressing on your palm to shape the patties
- Meanwhile in a plate sprinkle and spread around two tablespoons of corn flour.
- Place the prepared patties on the plate, toss and coat it entirely with corn flour.
- Repeat the process for the remaining mixture, place the corn flour covered patties on a separate plate and keep it ready to fry.
- In a tawa, add a few tablespoons of oil and heat it at medium to high flame.
- Once the tawa is heated place the patties on it and let it cook for around three minutes.
- When it has turned light golden brown gently flip it and let it cook the other side.
- You can take it out and place it on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Once done it can be served hot on a plate along with ketchup.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english