Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Gram flour contains high protein and fibre which makes it ideal for weight loss.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- It is rich with nutrients that support bone and heart health.
- Rice flour contains fibre, phosphorus and potassium.
- Rice flour and gram flour are 100% gluten free.
- Jaggery contains nutrients that will help improve and maintain the immune system.
- It also contains minerals that help in increasing haemoglobin and maintain blood pressure.
- As it is rich in iron it can help prevent fatigue and anemia.
- It improves the digestive system and prevents constipation.
- There are around 10+ different varieties of Chikki (brittle made with jaggery syrup) available in India.
- Popular origins of Chikki in India include Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- Sev/mixture was initially prepared as a Namkeen (salty savoury) in the towns of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- A similar savoury snack prepared with carom seeds is known as Omapodi, a popular snack in Tamil Nadu.
- Consumption of jaggery can be helpful in preventing respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of 2-3 pieces can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack.
- It can be eaten anytime to stay away from hunger pangs.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside tea or coffee.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients shall not consume Mixture Mittai.
Story/History of recipe
India has a wide range of sweets and savouries. Mixture Mittai is a unique dish where Sev/mixture which was originally prepared as a savoury has turned into a sweet. This comes under the Chikki / candy variety that is prepared with jaggery . Both Sev and Chikki are renowned snacks of India. This is specially prepared for festivals like Diwali.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
To prepare dough:
- In a bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, salt and give it a good mix.
- Add water little by little and knead it into a soft dough.
- Roll the dough and divide them into small batches.
To prepare Mixture:
- Take a pan, add oil as required for deep fry and heat it at a high flame.
- Meanwhile, in a murukku maker grease the insides and fill in the dough.
- For this Mixture Mittai, use the mould/disc with small holes. The one that is usually used while preparing Idiyappam or Omapodi.
- Check whether the oil is hot and start squeezing the dough into the oil.
- Without a pause, keep squeezing based on the pan's capacity like a noodle cake.
- Once it starts changing colour, gently flip so that it is cooked well.
- Slowly take it out when the bubbles stop and place it on a strainer or tissue cloth to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the process for remaining dough.
- Now break the cakes into small pieces with hands and keep it aside.
To prepare Mixture Mittai:
- In a pan, add jaggery, around half a cup of water and let it melt into a syrup.
- To make sure the jaggery is clean, use a filter and transfer the syrup to a fresh pan.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and keep stirring until it reaches the hard ball consistency.
- To check, take water in a small plate and add a few drops of jaggery syrup in it. Now try rolling the syrup when it can be rolled into a ball it is perfect.
- At this stage add peanuts, the prepared Sev/ mixture and mix well.
- Once it is mixed well transfer it a tray and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Cut the pieces with a knife while it is hot as it would be hard when it cools down.
- Leave it for a few minutes for it to settle.
- Store it in an airtight container when it has become hard and this can be enjoyed for over a week.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english