- Carom seeds anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. It can help treat peptic ulcers and other stomach and digestive problems.
- It can prevent kidney stones and help relieve asthma.
- It helps lower cholesterol and as it contains thymol it helps with regulating blood pressure levels thereby prevents hypertension and chronic heart disease.
- Gram flour contains high protein and fibre which makes it ideal for weight loss.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- Curry leaves are rich with antioxidants that prevent oxidative damage and help support the cardiovascular system and nervous system.
- It also has nutrients that are healthy for eyes, skin and hair.
Story/History of recipe
Omapodi is the tamil name for Sev which is a nationwide popular snack of India that has a vast range of variations available all over the country. The starting point for all this is said to have initiated around 200 years ago in Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh. In Tamil Nadu, it is one of the frequently bought snacks and is also a favourite one for all age groups. It is prepared for special occasions like marriages and other festivals.