Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount Per serving
|Vitamin C||3 mg||5%|
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 305 cal
- Protein - 3.4 g - 19%
- Carbohydrates - 45 g - 16%
- Fiber - 0.1 g - 0%
- Fat - 92 g - 141%
- Cholesterol - 36 mg - 12%
- Vitamin C - 3 mg - 5%
- Calcium - 108 mg - 8%
- Potassium - 7 mg - 0%
- Sodium - 47 mg - 2%
- Milk is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It is loaded with nutrients and contains vitamins that are healthy for women during their pregnancy.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- It is ideal to be included in a gluten-free diet.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- The original Mysore Pak is a completely besan-based sweet with similar preparation steps.
- A vegan version of the same can be attempted with almond milk or coconut milk.
- Milk and milk products provide around 73% of calcium available for the food supply.
- Besan/gram flour is such a versatile ingredient, apart from savories and sweets it can also be used as a binding agent or as a thickener in many dishes.
- Casein, a type of protein present in the milk can help cleanse taste buds. It also helps better than water to soothe your tongue after having spicy food.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two of Milk Mysore Pak can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian savories/snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients and people with lactose intolerance should avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Milk Mysore Pak, a soft and melt-in-mouth sweet is a variation of the traditional Mysore Pak. It is prepared with milk powder and gram flour or all-purpose flour whisked continuously with hot sugar syrup. This amazing buttery textured sweet is popular in South India. It is perfect to share on any special occasions and festivals.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- In a mixing bowl, add one cup of milk powder and two tablespoons of gram flour. Mix contents well by gradually pouring in half a cup of hot ghee in the bowl. Whisk the contents well into a smooth batter. Keep this aside.
- Heat a saucepan for preparing the sugar syrup with a cup of sugar and a quarter cup of water.
- Keep stirring until it attains one string consistency.
- At this stage, lower the flame and add the milk powder batter.
- Mix the contents well without pausing and pour in the remaining hot ghee batch by batch.
- Avoid lumps and keep stirring.
- Once it separates from the sides and when it starts bubbling take a pinch of it and try rolling into a ball. If it is soft and non-sticky, switch off the flame.
- Any excess ghee floating separately will be absorbed later when it has to set well. So, transfer the entire content from the pan to a greased tray or square-shaped cake tin. Butter paper or parchment paper can also be used.
- Close it with a lid and allow it to rest for 3-4 hours. Once it has set well try to cut the pieces with a greased knife and if it is solid enough remove the pieces carefully from the mold and it is ready to eat.
- Prepared Milk Mysore Pak can stay fresh for a week if stored in an airtight container and refrigerated.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.