- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 324 cal
- Protein - 2.4 g - 4%
- Carbohydrates - 30 g - 10%
- Fiber - 2 g - 7%
- Fat - 21 g - 32%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 202 mcg - 4%
- Vitamin B1 - 0.1 mg - 10%
- Vitamin B3 - 0.3 mg - 3%
- Vitamin B9 - 17 mcg - 9%
- Vitamin C - 0.2 mg - 0%
- Vitamin E - 0.3 mg - 2%
- Calcium - 7 mg - 1%
- Iron - 0.6 mg - 3%
- Potassium - 84 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 9 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 15 mg - 4%
- Phosphorus - 39 mg - 6%
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular health problems.
- It also contains nutrients that can improve bone and heart health.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Mysore Pak, the sweet that has been popular for over four generations was invented as a result of a last-minute experiment while serving the King of Mysore.
- The Tamil Nadu variant of the sweet is called Sukku Karupatti Mysore Pak, a similar sweet that is prepared with healthy ingredients like dry ginger powder and palm sugar.
- It is popular to add flavorings like cardamom powder, honey, saffron while preparing the sugar syrup for Indian sweets like Mysore Pak, Jangri, etc.
- Legend has it that Mysore Pak, where Pak in Telugu means a sweet concoction was at first served in a syrupy texture in the royal platter but at the time of dining it got solidified.
- Another buttery version of the same is Milk Mysore Pak which also has a similar recipe.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Mysore Pak can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian savories/snacks
When not to eat or eat more often:
- It is advisable to eat in moderation.
- Diabetic patients should avoid consuming Mysore Pak.
Story/History of recipe
Mysore Pak is a traditional and popular Indian sweet. As the name suggests it originated from the city of Mysore/Mysuru in Karnataka. The sweet was invented in the year 1935 by the chief chef of Amba Vilas palace, Kakasura Madappa. It is a complete besan-based sweet prepared with pure ghee which gives the sweet aromatic rich taste. As a tradition, it is served on many occasions like weddings and festivals like Diwali.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- Soak one cup of raw rice in water for about one to one and half hours and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Do not let it dry out completely and it shouldn't be too wet either. While the moisture is still present, grind it into fine powder.
- Sieve this flour and keep it aside.
For preparing the dough for Adhirasam:
- Take a pan, add jaggery and water. Melt it at low to medium flame.
- Once the jaggery has melted into syrup transfer it to another fresh pan using a filter.
- Now let the jaggery thicken.
- To check the right consistency, take a small plate with water, drop a few drops of jaggery and try rolling it into a ball.
- If it is thick enough to roll then the consistency is perfect. Turn off the flame.
- Add the prepared rice flour to this gently, little by little and keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
- Mix them well until the jaggery has absorbed the rice flour and it has become a loose dough.
- Once done you can let cool down to room temperature and transfer it to an airtight container.
- It is preferable to fry this dough into adhirasam on the next day to get a soft and perfect texture.
- You can store this dough at room temperature for 2-3 days too.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
I am from north India..and taste is like south india.. ghee flavour tastes like home made ..texture is like bura and ghee and some gram flour mixed ..it was soft no doubt..it was fresh…
Super fast delivery and super tasty sweets generous sizes definitely recommend
Subanan O. –
Very happy with my items ! Awesome customer service really fast delivery. Would Definitely order from you again.
Fast delivery and amazing product. Mysore Pak were perfect and great value, would deffinately order again.
I will buy this product definitely again in some time. Mysore Pak was so tasty and sweet, I couldn’t take my hand out of the Box. The delivery price of the product was reasonable with the quantity of Mysore Pak I ordered from their website. I’m gonna use the cashback I received from Kandra Foods for ordering again.
Tastes so homemade and I’m glad it smells and tastes fresh cause usually my previous experience was not good as expected on other sites. Kandrafoods really provides a impressive sweet.