Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
|Vitamin A||0.4 mcg||0%|
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 119 cal
- Protein - 1g - 2%
- Carbohydrates - 17g - 6%
- Fiber - 1g - 4%
- Fat - 5g - 8%
- Cholesterol - 3mg - 1%
- Vitamin C - 0.4mg - 0%
- Calcium - 7mg - 1%
- Iron - 2mg - 12%
- Potassium - 110mg - 2%
- Sodium - 1mg - 0%
- Coconut contains saturated fats that are accumulated to produce energy.
- They are rich in fiber and help improve the digestive system and heart health.
- Antioxidants in coconut can improve the immune system and reduce the risk of inflammation.
- Jaggery contains nutrients that will help improve and maintain the immune system.
- It also contains minerals that help in increasing hemoglobin and maintain blood pressure.
- As it is rich in iron it can help prevent fatigue and anemia.
- It helps improve the digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- September 2nd is celebrated as World Coconut Day.
- Coconuts are produced worldwide and their largest producers include Indonesia, the Philippines and India.
- The coconut tree is a great resource as they provide a lot of essentials like food, fuel, medicines, cosmetics and more. It is also referred to as the ‘Tree of Life’ in a few countries.
- Portuguese sailors first named coconut as ‘Coco’ which means hobgoblin as the three dots on coconut made it look like a spooky face.
- Coconut is the national fruit of The Maldives.
- It is said that coconut water was used to cure dehydration during World War 2.
- Smoke from burning coconut husk acts as a natural and harmless mosquito repellent.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two Kobbari laddu can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients should avoid consuming
Story/History of recipe
Kobbari Laddu is a traditional sweet of Andhra Pradesh. Kobbari in Telugu means coconut and Kobbari laddu/undalu is prepared by rolling laddus of freshly grated coconut and melted jaggery mixture. As most Indian and Hindu cultures include fresh coconuts in many events and auspicious occasions people say that utilizing all these coconuts later by preparing delicious Kobbari laddu is a great way to consume and share with your loved ones. It is a simple homemade sweet that can be prepared for any festivals like Diwali and Ganesh Chaturti.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Heat a pan with a teaspoon of ghee and add two cups of grated coconut.
- Saute the contents for a couple of minutes and switch off the flame. Keep this aside.
- In a saucepan, add a cup of jaggery and a quarter cup of water.
- Let the jaggery melt, transfer this jaggery syrup to a fresh non-stick pan using a filter to remove the impurities.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep stirring until it reaches the one string consistency.
- When it attains the required consistency add the two cups of grated coconut and mix well.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee if preferred and continue to saute.
- When it is mixed well and looks non-sticky, take a small pinch of the content and try rolling it into a small ball if it can be rolled and has a soft texture then switch off the flame.
- Let it cool down and when it is warm enough to touch start preparing the Kobbari Laddu.
- Grease your palm with ghee and start rolling the contents tightly into balls as preferred.
- Repeat the same process for the entire batch, let the prepared laddus rest for a couple of minutes and it is ready to eat.
- Kobbari laddu can be stored in an airtight container and can stay fresh for 3-5 days if refrigerated.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english