Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Wheat flour is rich in fiber and helps with digestion and improves gut health.
- The mineral content helps bone health and the vitamins make it the best source of energy.
- Rice flour contains nutrients like calcium and zinc. It is 100% gluten-free.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Cardamom powder has antibacterial properties that can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
- It has anti-inflammatory inflammatory properties. It also helps with digestion.
- Other variations of the same include Kakinada Khaja and Madatha Khaja.
- Wheat was first planted as a hobby crop in the year 1977. Now it is cultivated as one of the primary grains in the US.
- The largest producer of wheat in the world is China. India holds second place in the list.
- It is said that the sweet Khaja was originally from the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh.
- Another variation of Khaja sweet is prepared by stuffing dry fruits inside it.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Flower Khaja can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients should avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Khaja is an Indian sweet that is popular in many regions. It can be prepared with wheat or Maida. It is a fried pastry where the flower-shaped dough is then soaked in sugar syrup. This sugar-glazed pastry has many origin places with many respective variations. Regions like Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Kakinada are a few of many Indian places where Flower Khaja is popularly made. It can be specially prepared for festivals like Diwali.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- In a mixing bowl, add two cups of wheat flour and a quarter cup of water, two tablespoons of ghee, a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Knead it into a soft dough and add a little more water if required.
- Add a teaspoon of oil, cover it and let it rest for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl add corn flour, rice flour and two teaspoons of ghee and mix them into a paste.
- Roll the dough into a log and pinch and take three small lemon-sized balls
- Flatten each of them with a rolling pin like chapati and keep it separately.
- Place one flattened dough and spread the prepared paste on it. Add a couple of drops of food color and spread them evenly.
- Dust it with flour and place the next sheet. Repeat the same steps with a different food color.
- Lastly, cover it with another fresh sheet by dusting it with flour.
- Roll the set of sheets into a thin log and cut it into small even pieces.
- Slightly press the pieces from sides this will show the layers colored like flower petals. Keep this aside.
- Heat a wide heavy-bottomed pan with oil for deep fry. Fry the small pieces and remove the excess oil by placing it on a tissue cloth.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar with water in a pan.
- Keep stirring, add cardamom powder and wait until it gets the one string consistency,
- Switch off the flame and drop these fried pieces into the syrup.
- Make sure it is coated completely and let it soak in the syrup for a couple of minutes.
- Alternatively, you can sift powdered sugar on the fried pieces of Flower Khaja using a filter.
- The prepared Flower Khaja if stored in an airtight container can stay fresh for a week.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english