- Peanuts are loaded with proteins and fibre that helps in increasing the energy levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and manages blood sugar.
- It contains healthy fats and low carbohydrates.
- It is also rich in vitamins and minerals that can be helpful for muscle and heart health. These nutrients are also essential during pregnancy.
- Vitamins that improve brain health and boost memory are also present in peanuts.
- Jaggery contains nutrients that will help improve and maintain the immune system.
- It also contains minerals that help in increasing haemoglobin and maintain blood pressure.
- It is rich in iron and can help prevent fatigue and anemia
Story/History of recipe
India has a wide range of mittai varieties, especially the type that is prepared with nuts and jaggery. Koko Mittai is a South Indian brittle that is prepared with crushed peanuts and glazing jaggery. It shares the heritage of Kovilpatti Kadalai mittai. This has been one of the favourite and staple snacks of Tamil Nadu for many years almost since the 40s.