Story/History of recipe
Kaju katli is a popular North-Indian sweet. It can be made during festival seasons like Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, and some other festivals. This recipe is loaded with full of cashews and truly delicious. Making the process for this recipe is very easy and simple.
For health-conscious people instead of taking sugar, you can take crystalized sugar and it can also be prepared using the sugar- free. It is completely gluten-free
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- In a mixer take cashews and grind to a powder
- Now switch on the stove, put a pan and take ¾ sugar along with water as required.
- Keep the flame low and keep on stirring
- Stir the sugar syrup till it forms one string consistency
- Now add cashews powder and stir well
- Remember to keep the flame on low all the time
- Now add elaichi powder and mix well
- Keep stirring continuously until it forms the dough
- Now add ghee and switch off the flame
- Continue to mix till the ghee melts completely
- Now grease butter paper with ghee and transfer the dough into it
- Wait till you are able to handle the heat
- Now grease your hands with ghee and knead the dough for 1 minute
- Once you get smooth dough cover with butter paper and take a plate to press to form ulna form layer
- Then roll the dough using rolling piping, adjusting the thickness according to your choice
- Cut the edges so that you can get perfect diamond shapes
- Now cut the dough into diamond shapes or any shape you want
- Now you can also decorate with silver vark
- Finally, Kaju katli was ready to serve.
- Enjoy with your family and friends
- Cashews can help in keeping blood pressure under control
- Cashews have cholesterol reducing properties. These are rich in good fats like omega-3 fatty acids and other unsaturated fats like oleic acid, both of which are good for health. These fats can help in reducing bad cholesterol in the body.
- Cashews are good for heart health.
- Protein-rich cashews can improve strength.
- Region famous: All over India people will love this recipe.
- Alternate names: Kaju Barfi
- Cooking duration: Preparation time 10 minutes and cook time is 20 minutes. Total time 30 minutes
- Recipe life: 15 Days
- Kaju katli is prepared during Indian festivals like Diwali, Navratri, Ganesh Chaturthi and it is prepared in marriages and some other small functions.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- All ages groups can have it. Especially those who are willing to lose weight this is perfect recipe. And it is good for pregnant women also.
Good times to eat:
- It can be enjoyed anytime.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People who are allergic to sweet should avoid consuming.
- Usually, immediate serving gives more taste. You can eat anytime after preparation.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english