- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy -158 cal
- Protein - 4.2 g - 8%
- Carbohydrates - 19 g - 6%
- Fiber - 1.4 g - 5%
- Fat - 8 g - 10%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 6 mcg - 0%
- Vitamin B3 - 2 mg - 13%
- Vitamin B9 - 38 mcg - 10%
- Vitamin E - 1.4 mg - 9%
- Calcium - 29 mg - 2%
- Iron - 1.2 mg - 7%
- Potassium - 113 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 2.8 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 27 mg - 6%
- Phosphorus - 67 mg - 6%
- Zinc - 0.6 mg - 5%
- Peanut are loaded with proteins and fibre that helps in increasing the energy levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and manages blood sugar.
- It contains healthy fats and low carbohydrates hence can be included in your daily diet.
- Peanut are rich in vitamins and minerals that can be helpful for muscle and heart health. These nutrients are also essential during pregnancy.
- Vitamins that improve brain health and boost memory are also present in Peanut.
- Jaggery is rich with iron and helps prevent anemia.
- It also supports immune health.
- Compared to all other nuts, Peanut has the highest level of protein.
- Roasting the Peanut can increase its overall antioxidant content.
- Research shows that regular intake of peanuts in a significant amount can lower the risk of gallstones.
- Peanut Laddu earned the geographical indication (GI) tag in April 2020. It is said that Kovilpatti kadalai Laddu is famous because of the Thamirabarani river which has enriched the organic main ingredients of this Laddu.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of 1- 2 pieces of Peanut Laddu can be consumed by all age groups
- It is a healthy snack option especially for kids.
Good times to eat:
- Any time is good for this tasty Laddu.
- Consuming at noon can keep you away from cravings and also keeps you energetic.
- Having a piece after a meal helps with good digestion.
Eat along with:
- This can be eaten alone as it is or along with savouries/snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Avoid it if you are allergic to Palli.
- Diabetic patients are also advised not to eat.
Story/History of recipe
Peanuts are consumed all over the world in many different ways. Apart from the most common ways like peanut butter, Verusenaga oil and simply roasted Verusenaga they are also included in various supplemental bars because of its nutrient content. Peanut Laddu can be a much simpler version of such bars. These crunchy and sweet candies are originally from Kovilpatti, Tamil Nadu (South India) and have been commercially available since the 1940s. Though they were part of many festival special sweets, it has now become a favourite and common household treat.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Dry roast the Peanut in a pan at a low flame. Do not over roast. Transfer the roasted peanuts to a bowl after peeling the skin off and keep it aside.
- Add jaggery to a pan and a little water and melt it completely.
- Clean the melted jaggery using a filter and add it to a fresh pan.
- Cook the jaggery in a low to medium flame until it thickens.
- Simmer for a few minutes until small bubbles start appearing and it becomes thick. Reduce flame to low.
- Add the peanuts and cardamoms. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, make small balls and keep them on a greased plate to cool down.
- Store them in an airtight container.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english