- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
Energy - 77 cal
Protein - 2g - 3%
Carbohydrates - 9g - 3%
Fiber - 0.1g - 0%
Fat - 29.3g - 38%
Cholesterol - 0mg - 0%
Vitamin A - 5.4mcg - 0%
Vitamin B1 - 0.1mg - 10%
Vitamin C - 0.1mg - 0%
Vitamin E - 0.1mg - 1%
Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) - 5.7 mcg - 3%
Calcium - 5mg - 1%
Iron - 0.5mg - 2%
Potassium - 52 mg - 1%
Sodium - 1mg - 0%
Magnesium - 26mg - 7%
Phosphorus - 36 mg - 6%
Zinc - 0.4mg - 4%
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and prevent anemia.
- Pistachios are loaded with protein, fiber and potassium. It promotes eye and gut health.
- It also helps lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- It helps in managing and losing weight as it is nutritious and filling which reduces the hunger pangs.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Other similar sweets are Anjeer rolls (figs) and Khaju Anjeer rolls (cashews and figs)
- Pistachios are considered a prehistoric snack as they are being consumed for over 9000 years.
- Almonds and Pistachios are the only nuts that were mentioned in the Bible.
- As the half-open shells of pistachios look like laughing mouths, pistachios are also called the ‘smiling nut’ and ‘happy nut’.
- Cashews contain higher starch content compared to other nuts and hence are popularly used as a thickening agent in gravies.
- Studies say that the pistachios shells help in lowering the consumption of these nuts as discarded shells lying in front might remind people of their overconsumption.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Khaju Pista Roll can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients should avoid consuming.
- People allergic to cashews or pistachios should avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Cashew sweets are more famous in India, Khaju Pista Roll is one of those sweets that are both loved and popular in India. It is a simple sweet that can be prepared for any festivals like Diwali and Raksha Bandhan. It is also one of those sweets that are exchanged as gifts to celebrate any special occasion in India.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
The following are the ingredients needed to prepare Khaju Pista Roll,
- Cashews - 1 cup
- Pistachios - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar - 3 tablespoons
- Water - ¼ cup
- Milk/milk powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee - 4 teaspoons
- Green food color - a drop/a pinch
- Silver Vark - 1 sheet
For preparing the pista filling:
- Divide half a cup of pistachios into two parts. Grind one part into powder and finely chop the remaining part of pistachios.
- In a bowl add powdered pistachios, milk powder and powdered sugar.
- Dilute green food color in a tablespoon of water and put it in the bowl.
- Alternatively, if milk is used instead of milk powder then it can be diluted in a tablespoon of warm milk.
- Mix the contents into a thick paste.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee and continue to knead. Roll the dough into a ball and keep it aside.
For preparing the Khaju (cashew) dough:
- Grind cashews to a fine powder, sieve and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the pan for sugar syrup. Add sugar and water.
- Let the sugar melt, add a quarter teaspoon of cardamom powder and stir well.
- Let the syrup cook until it attains one string consistency.
- At this stage, quickly add the finely powdered cashews and mix well.
- Continue to stir and make sure it doesn't get burnt in the bottom part.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee and keep stirring until it becomes a soft and non-sticky dough.
- Take a pinch of the dough and try rolling it into a small ball to check its consistency.
- Transfer it to a greased plate and let it cool down.
To prepare Khaju Pista rolls:
- Grease your palm with ghee before getting ready to roll and prepare the sweet.
- Take the pistachios dough and roll it into a thin and long log. Keep this aside.
- Take the cashew dough and gently knead it into a big ball similar to chapati dough.
- On the countertop or any flat surface place the cashew dough in between two greased butter papers/parchment papers and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- The flattened dough must be slightly thick and rectangular in shape.
- Place the rolled pistachios dough in the center of the flattened cashew dough.
- Wrap and seal the sides by rolling the dough.
- Continue to roll until it is tightly sealed.
- Carefully cover the roll with the silver vark sheet as it is so fragile and make sure it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Cut the roll into equal-sized pieces. A piece can be approximately two inches in height.
- Refrigerate if needed, and it is ready to consume once it has set well.
- If stored in an airtight container Khaju Pista rolls can stay fresh for a week or two.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english