Health Benefits of Cold Pressed Oils
Health Benefits of Cold Pressed Oils
9023 Upvotes ♥
Watch The Video
Eating healthy is always significant for leading a healthy life. We often try to ignore or avoid food with gluten, refined flour, and many other things. But have you ever given a thought about the refined oil that you use in your kitchen for cooking? These are the empty calories that enhance the threat of various diseases like heart problems, obesity, cholesterol, and many more. So does this mean that we are recommending you stop eating tasty meals? We are not! In this writing, we will encourage why to select the healthy option and tell you why cold-pressed oil is better than the other refined oils.
Definition of cold-pressed oils:
Cold-pressed oils are primarily extracted from the vegetables, nuts, and seeds implementing a steady pressure. The oilseeds like canola, sesame, olive, sunflower, or coconut are used to extract the oils with no heat application. Thus the cold-pressed oils are much more nutritious and healthy for the human body, even when compared to the healthiest form of refined oils. The cold-pressed procedure includes crushing the nuts or the seeds and forcing the oil through the pressure. It also improves the taste and aroma of any Indian, continental, Chinese, or Mughlai cuisines for cooking. Below we have shared some of the famous examples of cold-pressed oils.
Sesame oil consists of sesamol, which assists in Vitamin E absorption. Sesamol also contains antifungal and antioxidant properties. Due to the presence of Vitamin B6 and B12, it has a strong flavor.
This oil is extracted from the sun-dried groundnuts, which are one of the best sources of plant sterols. The cold-pressed groundnut oil helps to reduce heart diseases, which are rich in antioxidants, thus protecting the body against cancer. It is also full of MUFA and is fully free from trans fat.
Why Select the Cold Pressed oils over other oils?
The extraction of various refined oils primarily implements chemical solvents and heat, which destroys the bioactive components responsible for the oil benefits. The yield in the refined oil is higher. To create an attractive refined oil appearance, it is highly processed to eliminate the gums, which are a thick layer present in the oil. The companies then further refine it with bleaching soda, acetic acid, or hexane. Sometimes they also carry out a double refining process. All the nutrients present in the refined oil are destroyed when the manufacturers apply a heating temperature of nearly 200 degrees Celsius. It leaves the oil with barely any nutritional value and includes empty calories.
On the other hand, there are numerous cold-pressed oil health benefits as the oil extracts in its natural form. Oilseeds are crushed or pressed through the machines to take out the oil. The companies implement only high-pressure crushing methods and nothing else to make this oil. Cold pressing requires more time and lower yields but it is one of the safest and natural oil extraction processes.
The cold-pressed oil uses a low temperature for processing and does not changes the properties of the oil. These oils contain higher nutrient and phenolic content compared to the expeller pressed oils. Cold-pressed oils can retain their aroma, nutritional value, and flavor, making them perfect for skincare and cooking requirements. You can use these oils for cooking in low or medium heat. Since the oil extraction implements little heat, cooking in a low flame gives the benefits of cold-pressed oil from the nutritional perspective. Thus if you cook it in high heat, the purpose of this oil will get defied.
Shop Cold-Pressed Oils
Cold Press Oils have many health advantages,
Our ancestors enjoyed it and lived healthy and happy life.
Promotes heart health & Reduces heart diseases
It may fight cancer
Loaded with antioxidants
Boosts skin health ( Improves skin, hair & tooth health)
It may improve insulin sensitivity
Increases good cholesterol
Controls blood sugar
Prevents liver diseases
Strengthens the immune system
Repairs the body
An adulterated and refined oil can be the root cause for every single health problem of this generation either directly or indirectly. Be wise and make wiser decisions about what you consume on a daily basis.
Advantages of Cold Pressed Oils:
Now that we know how beneficial the cold-pressed oils are and their extraction method, it is now time to check out the advantages of cold-pressed oil below:
- The oil includes all the significant nutrients like vitamins, phospholipids, proteins, antioxidants, and lecithin. All of these components are highly beneficial for the human body.
- Since they are extracted in their natural form from the seeds with lower heat application, all the nutrition present in them remains intact.
- It helps to lose weight since it does not include unnecessary calories and is also beneficial for the human skin.
- The oils are free from toxic chemicals and natural. During the refining process, the companies use certain chemicals like hexane, sodium bicarbonate, sodium hydroxide, and various other bleaching agents harmful to the body. Cold-pressed oils are free from these chemicals, preservatives and are organic.
- The cold-pressed oils include natural antioxidants that assist in reducing the damage of the radical cells within the body. The oils are also full of vitamin E, which contains various healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Some Quick Facts about the Cold Pressed Oils:
Apart from the various cold-pressed oil advantages mentioned in this write-up, we have also shared some quick facts about them below.
- The smoking point of the groundnut cold-pressed oil is nearly around 160 degrees Celsius, while that of the refined groundnut oil is 210 degrees Celsius.
- The smoking point of cold-pressed and refined coconut oil is 180 and 210 degrees Celsius, respectively
- There is a misconception that the food deep-fried in the cold-pressed oils is not so good compared to the refined oils. But the fact is something else. Since most of the deep-fried recipes are done between 120 to 150 degrees Celsius, the cold-pressed oils are perfectly okay for frying and deliver the same taste as the refined oil.
- The cold-pressed oils come with a shelf life of 6 months when stored according to the instructions.
- To reap the full benefits of cold-pressed oil, always check the label and look for organic ingredients.
Try to switch to cold-pressed oils gradually, as the body will take some time to adapt to the habit of using refined oils. Also, ensure you are not heating too much of these oils while cooking. Use them in your bread, cooked meats, and on top of the salads for ideal health and flavorful combination. Thus switch to the cold-pressed oils today and see their efficient results!