- Ginger has antioxidants that prevents oxidative stress and boosts immunity.
- It has anti inflammatory properties that can help with muscle pain and menstrual cramps.
- It can prevent nausea, morning sickness and gastrointestinal problems. It can also help relieve constipation.
- It has nutrients that can improve brain health and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- It helps lower cholesterol and glucose levels thereby reduce the risk of heart disease.
Story/History of recipe
Murabba is a South Caucasian fruit preserve mostly made of berries and cherries. Later it was introduced to India and made with Indian fruits such as amla and mango. It was originally introduced as a thick jam like substance which was later on made into a candy.Allam Murabba also known as Ginger candy or Ginger Murabba is a South Indian candy that comes under this. It has been around for many years and owing to its medicinal properties it is popular for being more than just a sweet treat.