- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 128 cal
- Protein - 0.5 g - 1%
- Carbohydrates - 31 g - 11%
- Fiber - 0.7 g - 3%
- Fat - 1.2 g - 2%
- Cholesterol - 2 mg - 1%
- Vitamin C - 3 mg - 3%
- Calcium - 7 mg - 1%
- Iron - 1 mg - 4%
- Potassium - 78 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 14 mg - 1%
- Ginger has antioxidants that prevents oxidative stress and boosts immunity.
- It has anti inflammatory properties that can help with muscle pain and menstrual cramps.
- It can prevent nausea, morning sickness and gastrointestinal problems. It can also help relieve constipation.
- It has nutrients that can improve brain health and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- It helps lower cholesterol and glucose levels thereby reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Ginger has been the important ingredient of many ancient medicines and common home remedies. It can fight bacteria and viruses and it also helps with common cold and cough.
- It is said that consuming ginger after a heavy workout can help with soreness and muscle pain.
- Allam Murabba is a traditional candy of Andhra that was sold in handcarts along with other candies in the evening.
- It was also popularly available in bus stops as it is helpful to consume this before long travels.
- It is said that it is always best for travellers to carry this with them as it can prevent nausea.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one small piece can be consumed by all age groups except for small kids.
Good times to eat:
- Eating a piece after a meal helps with digestion.
- As it aids motion sickness hence it is helpful to consume while traveling.
Eat along with:
- This can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients are advised to avoid.
- Excessive consumption of ginger can cause mouth irritation, diarrhoea and other stomach problems.
- For Pregnant ladies it is better to consult a doctor before consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Murabba is a South Caucasian fruit preserve mostly made of berries and cherries. Later it was introduced to India and made with Indian fruits such as amla and mango. It was originally introduced as a thick jam like substance which was later on made into a candy.Allam Murabba also known as Ginger candy or Ginger Murabba is a South Indian candy that comes under this. It has been around for many years and owing to its medicinal properties it is popular for being more than just a sweet treat.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
The following are the ingredients needed for preparing Allam Murabba,
- Ginger - 1 cup (Wash well and peel the skin) It can either be 1 cup of chopped pieces which should be ground into a fine paste or 1 cup of grated ginger. Alternatively, you can also use ginger powder.
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
- Salt - a pinch
- Water - 1/2 - 1 cup
- Ghee / oil - 1 tablespoon
- Take a wide heavy bottomed pan, add two cups of sugar and pour in enough water until sugar has immersed in it.
- Keep stirring until it melts and becomes syrup.
- Test whether it has one string consistency using your thumb and index finger.
- At this stage, add ginger paste / grated ginger and mix well.
- Once it has mixed, add salt and cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring until it attains a thicker consistency.
- You can check this with the help of water in a small plate. Add less than half a teaspoon of the syrup in water and try rolling it, if the contents stick together then the consistency is perfect.
- You can see the bubbles boiling and rising up.
- Now turn off the flame. Take a flat surfaced container or plate and grease it with ghee or oil.
- Pour the contents onto the plate and gently tap so that it fits evenly and flat.
- In five minutes start cutting the pieces into preferable shape and size. It would be hard to cut once it has set well.
- Keep this aside for 20 - 30 minutes. The pieces are now set and the shapes will be perfect too.
- You can remove the pieces one by one and store them in an airtight container. This can be stored for a month.
- Quantity of sugar can be increased or decreased as per preference.
- As a healthy alternative, you can try this with jaggery too instead of sugar. In that case take 3 - 4 cups of crushed jaggery in a pan with half a cup of water, melt it into a syrup and filter it before boiling the same for preparing Allam Murabba.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english