- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 17g
- Fiber - 3g
- Protein - 3g
- Calcium - 33mg
- Iron - 3mg
- Organosulphur, a component found in Garlic, destroys dangerous cancer cells of Brain tumors. Garlic is beneficial against cancer. It helps treat conditions like brain, stomach, rectal, and colon cancer.
- Spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander, cumin, and star-anise, etc are rich in antioxidants.
- Garlic cures colds and acts as an immunity booster. They are a rich source of antioxidants that boosts the immune system and cures a cold.
- Garlic helps reduce the cholesterol level in our body, and it’s great for our cardiovascular health to keep our hearts healthy.
- Rubbing garlic on help has proven to reduce hair issues, such as hair loss prevention, and to keep our hair thick. Allicin in garlic aids in good hair health..
- Garlic has been a part of lifestyle since ancient times because it was used to treat parasites, respiratory problems, fatigue, and Indigestion
- Garlic is a commonly used ingredient worldwide. 2/3rd of the garlic in the world is grown in China.
- Even though garlic is of Asian origin, its name is derived from a combination of two Anglo-Saxon words, gar(spear) and lac(plant).
- The method of preserving pickles originated during the 17th century and spread across the world. The word pickle means ‘a spicy sauce or gravy served with meat or fowl’.
- There are 450 varieties of Garlic, and they are infused into the cultures of ancient Rome and Greece.
- Garlic is used to treat acne just by cutting it in half and applying its juice on the face.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two tablespoons or pieces of Garlic pickle can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for lunchtime as a side dish with rice.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten alongside Indian lunch or tiffin varieties
- can also be mixed with hot boiled rice.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- It is advisable to eat in moderation.
Sumangala R –
Toooo spicy.. this is south indian mixed pickle. Should be mentioned as hot but I like it
Yummmm! Pickle! Love this on curry! Kandra is have the best products!
I love this garlic pickle and was very happy to find it on Kandra foods. It has a rich, garlicky taste that is a little bit spicy, but not too much. It makes a great choice anywhere a condiment can be used… sandwiches, etc.