STORY/HISTORY OF RECIPE
Dal makhani is a famous recipe of Punjab and it is a famous North Indian recipe.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS, PREPARATION STEPS AND OCCASIONS SERVED
Watch Recipe Video
EVENT/FESTIVALS SERVED/MOST POPULAR DURING
For pressure cooking dal:-
- ¾ cup whole black urad dal
- ¼ cup kidney beans/rajma
- Water for soaking
- 3 cups of water for pressure cooking
- Salt to taste
For dal makhani recipe:-
- 1 to 2 tap ghee
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- ½ turmeric powder
- ½ cumin powder
- 1 cup water or as required
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp fresh cream or as required
- Few coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- Hing as required
- ¾ red chili powder
- Garam masala as required
Pressure cooking dal recipe:-
- Take 1 cup of black urad dal and a ¼ cup of rajma in a large bowl.
- Add enough water and soak overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Rinse the dal in running water and transfer it into a cooker. Add 3 cups of water and add some salt to taste.
- Close the lid pressure cook on a medium flame for 5 whistles.
Dal makhani recipe:-
- In a large Kadai add ghee and saute bay leaf for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till they change to a brown color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears
- Now add chopped tomatoes cook until they soft
- Add chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Cook these powders for a minute.
- Once the oil is releasing from mixture add cooked dal and give a good mix
- Add water as required by adjusting the consistency
- Boil till the dal absorbs flavors and become thick
- Add 2 tsp of cream to get a creamy texture
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Tempering for dal:-
- Heat the pan and add ghee. Once it begins to melt add Hing
- Add garam masala powder, red chili powder and fry for 2 to 4 seconds
- Now immediately pour over dal makhani and give a good mix
- Now serve dal makhani with rice or roti.
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Saturated Fat - 10g
- Cholesterol- 50mg
- Potassium -68mg
- Vitamin A-14.6%
- vitamin C-8.9%
- Calcium- 5.1%
- DAL makhani is Rich in starch and minerals, it is also considered heavy for digestion, however, ginger solves the problem and makes it easy to digest
- This dish is Rich in proteins and fiber
- It would also be the healthiest meal at home
- Rajma and urad dal provide protein and calcium which are extremely important for the maintenance of your body cells and healthy bones.
Dal makhani is one of the favorite dal recipes coming straight from the rich and flavourful Punjab cuisine. Dal makhani recipe was hugely popularized by the migrating Punjabi community within India and across the globe. Dal makhani is creamy dal prepared with black urad dal has been widely embraced globally.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- All age groups like this and it is everyone's favorite dish, even the kids of age more than 4 years can have it
Good times to eat:
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in small events and parties. And it is good to eat weekly once
Eat along with:
- Usually, it can be served with Indian bread likely Roti, chapati, naan, phulka and it can be served with rice, and fried rice also.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Usually, immediate serving will be tasty and most preferred to have within 20 to 30 minutes of preparation
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english