- Egg whites contain nutrients that are good for eyes and as they are a good source of quality protein which helps with bone and muscle health.
- It boosts the energy levels and can keep one fuller for a long time
- Protein in eggs are good for weight loss too.
- It has a good amount of potassium that helps with heart, cell and organ functioning and with transferring nutrients.
- It contains vitamin B2 which boosts metabolism and helps in developing red blood cells. It also acts as an antioxidant and removes free radicals.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health
- It also has antioxidants and helps prevent inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- It is low in sugar and can be helpful for type 2 diabetic patients.
- Egg whites contain less calories and zero fat compared to an whole egg hence it is ideal to be included in a weight loss diet.
- Eggs contain a good amount of Vitamin B and around 62% of its riboflavin is present in the egg white.
- The protein content of cashews is almost equivalent to that of cooked meat.
- In India, Macaroons are first made in Tamil Nadu in the coastal district Thoothukudi.
- In other parts of the world Macaroons are flat and prepared with almonds, chocolate or coconut while the Indian one is cone shaped.
- Mangalore, a city in Karnataka, has its own macaroons that are prepared with minor variations. It is also popular in South India.
- Many different varieties of macaroons are available all over the world especially in countries like France, Ireland, Philippines, UK, Scotland, Spain, Puerto Rico, and the United States.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of 2 medium sized Macaroons can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Not advisable to consume for people with diabetes and high cholesterol issues.
- People who are allergic to egg whites shall avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Macaroons are originally from Italy. This original baked cookie is usually made with almonds and are popular in different parts of the world. In India Macaroons are famous in Thoothukudi, a district in Tamil Nadu. It is a reinterpretation of original European macaroons with cashews as the main ingredient. It is said that it was initially introduced by the Portuguese sailors in the local bakeries of Thoothukudi district.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
- Add a cup of cashew nuts in a blender, grind coarsely and keep it aside.
- In a dry wide bowl add half a cup of egg whites and beat it into a soft foamy texture using an electric beater.
- Add powdered sugar to this one spoon at a time and continue to beat until it gets stiff peaks on the top.
- You can also test this by holding the bowl or a spoonful of this meringue upside down. If it didn't spill then it is perfect.
- At this stage do not over beat and add coarsely ground cashew nuts and mix by folding.
- Do not stir harshly as it can ruin the texture.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 100°C for around 15 - 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture in a piping bag and squeeze to make the cone shaped macaroons on the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Leave a little space between two Macaroons and let it rest for a few minutes before baking.
- Bake the macaroons at 100°C for one and a half hours.
- Switch off the oven and let it stay inside the oven for a few more hours so that it will stay crunchy.
- Store these in an airtight container and it can stay fresh for a week.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english