- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 24 g
- Fiber - 4 g
- Protein - 6 g
- Potassium - 267 mg.
- Calcium - 14 mg
- Iron - 2 mg
- Palm sugar contains antioxidants and fiber. It is ideal to be included in a weight loss diet.
- It is rich with B vitamins and iron which can help prevent anemia and can boost energy.
- It is loaded with minerals like potassium and calcium which can improve bone health and magnesium supports nervous system activity.
- It releases enzymes that can be helpful for good digestion.
- It also contains nutrients that help with clearing out impurities in the body and prevents bacteria in the gut.
- It has a lower glycemic index hence can be used as an alternative sweetener for diabetic patients.
- Gram flour is 100% gluten free and is loaded with protein and fibre which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It contains minerals that can enhance metabolism and contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular health problems.
- Dry ginger powder has healing properties that can relieve inflammation, nausea and any injuries.
- The thermogenic properties help boost metabolism, burn fat and improve digestion.
- It also helps with lowering cholesterol levels and maintaining blood sugar.
- Palm sugar retains the 16 amino acids which can support cell growth and repair.
- It has been in use for many decades especially in the preparation of South Asian traditional recipes.
- In Tamil Nadu, Udangudi of Thoothukudi district is a popular producer of palm sugar. It is said that they have traded with almost 500 shops located around the town including Madurai and Tirunelveli. They have also done exports to countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Britain.
- The traditional process of making palm sugar can take around 45 to 60 days.
- Both dry ginger powder and palm sugar is used in traditional ayurvedic medicine for treating cough, cold, indigestion and other illnesses.
- More than just a spice for flavouring, dry ginger powder is also popularly used in many simple home remedies for curing menstrual cramps, morning sickness, soreness and muscle pain.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- One or two pieces can be consumed in moderation by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be enjoyed as a dessert after a meal or anytime as preferred.
Eat along with:
- This can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Should not be consumed often as it is high in fructose.
- It is advised that palm sugar must be consumed only in moderation.
Story/History of recipe
Mysore Pak is originally a quick concoction dessert made in the early 20th century by the royal cook of Mysore Palace. Pak in Kannada means fudge - like texture. The same recipe is prepared with palm sugar instead of table sugar known as Karupatti Mysore Pak. It is a Tirunelveli special sweet that is quite popular all over Tamil Nadu. Owing to the lower glycemic index of palm sugar compared to other sweeteners like sugar and honey, this sweet can be consumed by people with diabetes.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add two cups of palm sugar and half a cup of water. Pour water only until palm sugar is immersed.
- Stir and melt it into a syrup at low to medium flame.
- Once melted use a filter to remove the impurities and pour into a clean pan.
- Add dry ginger powder, stir and let the syrup thicken.
- Test whether it has reached the one string consistency.
- At this stage, add gram flour little by little and stir well without lumps.
- When the gram flour is mixed well to the syrup add start adding two cups of ghee little by little and continue to stir
- Initially the ghee will be absorbed well but later you can see ghee settling around.
- Switch off the flame and add the contents straight to a greased flat container or tray.
- Cut the pieces while it is hot and keep it aside for a while.
- Once the pieces have become hard with a porous texture and easy to take it out it is ready.
- These pieces can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed for over a week.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.