- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 17 g
- Fiber - 1 g
- Protein - 2 g
- Potassium - 31 mg
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Magnesium content helps lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It is beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes as it improves insulin secretion.
- Soan Papdi is prepared with pulled sugar, which is prepared by a repetitive process of stretching and pulling sugar syrup into flexible and bright thick strands. It is popularly used in the art of making sugar sculptures.
- Other popular names of Soan Papdi include Patisa, San Papri, Sohan Papdi or Shonpapdi.
- Almond crops are said to be completely dependant on bees for crop pollination. But the honey resulted from these bees tastes bitter hence had to be blended with other kinds of honey.
- Dry roasting and sieving gram flour before preparation can give Soan Papdi a brownish color.
- Alternative flavors, other than Soan Papdi include Pistachios, Orange, Pineapple, Mango and Chocolate.
- Corn syrup is made from the starch of corn. It is used as a thickening or sweetening agent and like lemon juice, it helps avoid the crystallization of sugar.
- Pismaniye is a very similar traditional Turkish dessert prepared with flour, butter, sugar and pistachios.
- Almond milk can be ideal non-vegan milk and it has calories that are half the amount of calories in cow’s milk.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Badam Soan Papdi can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten in the evenings or after lunch as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian savory/snacks
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes should avoid it.
Story/History of recipe
Soan Papdi is originally from Bangladesh and is popular in countries like India and Pakistan. It has been one of the common sweets available in India for many decades. As the name Papdi suggests, it has a crusty texture. Earlier it was very much similar to Candy Floss in appearance and was sold in paper cones. Later it was prepared in small cube shapes like barfi with a solid yet flaky texture. It is specially offered on many special occasions like Diwali, Rakshabandhan, Ramadan, etc.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- In a pan add two cups of ghee and let it heat.
- Add gram flour and all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Add a tablespoon of cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring until it turns into a thick batter-like consistency.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down. Make sure to stir occasionally and do not let it thicken.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed pan, add sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Keep stirring and let it caramelize and turn off the flame just right before it turns soft ball consistency.
- To check this, take a small cup of water and pour a few drops of sugar syrup in it.
- Try rolling it and it should have a soft and sticky consistency.
- Take a tray and grease it with ghee.
- Spread the sugar syrup on the tray. Using a spatula, scrape and fold the sugar syrup.
- As the sugar turns thick, keep repeating the process.
- Roll the sugar, twist, pull and stretch. Continue to repeat the process until it thins.
- Slightly dip and cover it with the prepared batter, little by little as you twist and stretch.
- It will become a fibrous and thread-like texture.
- Keep a baking tray ready with butter paper.
- Sprinkle and garnish sliced almonds. Place the prepared soan papdi threads on top of it.
- Gently press to give it a shape, cover it and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Mark the lines for the desired shape and when it has set well cut the pieces.
- Soft and fibrous Badam soan papdi is ready to eat.
- Badam Soan Papdi, if stored in an airtight container, can stay fresh for over a week.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.