Story/History of recipe
Today we will see how to prepare crunchy sago pretzels. This is also called as Saggu biyyam janthikalu in Telugu. This is the most preferred snack item in South India.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- Before starting to prepare this, soak the sabudana or Sago or Saggu biyyam in curd for 2 hours
- Now take rice flour, roasted chana dal (fried gram) flour, cumin seeds, Chilli powder, soaked Sago (Saggu biyyam) and salt into a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of hot oil into it and mix all these ingredients for 3-5 min
- Then add some water and make it become like a dough. (Note that don’t pour so much of water at a time)
- Put this mixture into a pretzel piece and press it on a paper.
- Take one litre of oil in a bowl. Wait for 5-7 mins to become it hot.
- Put the sago pretzels into oil and wait for 5-10 mins. When the pretzels turn into golden color take it out off from the bowl. Now the crunchy and soft sago pretzels are ready to serve
- These can be stored for three to four months
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- 15% protein
- 10% fat
- 75% carbohydrates
- Because of using Sago, Rice, and Fried gram, Sago Pretzels (Saggu biyyam Janthikalu) have large amounts of protein and fiber content.
- This can help the digestive system, muscle growth, and strengthening of the bones.
- Low in fat and rich in dietary fiber prevents constipation.
- This recipe is taken as a snack item in southern states. We can either eat it individually or use it as a snack item among foodstuffs. It is very common to use for various functions/occasions.
- Alternate names: saggubiyyam janthikalu, saggubiyyam murukulu & saggubiyyam chekkililu
- Cooking duration: 20-30 minutes
- Recipe Life:T hree to four months
- Functions, Small events, festivals, and can be having regularly as your snack items.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.