- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy -264 cal
- Protein - 2 g - 4%
- Carbohydrates - 32 g - 10%
- Fiber - 2 g - 8%
- Fat - 14 g - 22%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 66 mcg - 2%
- Vitamin B3 - 0.4 mg - 2%
- Vitamin B9 - 11 mcg - 6%
- Vitamin C - 0.6 mg - 1%
- Calcium - 5 mg - 1%
- Iron - 0.6 mg - 3%
- Potassium - 75 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 6 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 14 mg - 4%
- Phosphorus - 54 mg - 8%
- Zinc - 0.4 mg - 2%
- Rava is rich in protein which improves bone and muscle health.
- Carbohydrates and fibre content in rava acts as a fuel to your body and increases energy levels.
- B vitamin content prevents anemia and can help with brain health.
- Rava is rich with minerals like magnesium and iron which helps reduce blood pressure and supports growth of red blood cells. Potassium is good for kidney health.
- It is ideal to be included in a weight loss diet as it has low fat, low sodium and zero levels of cholesterol.
- Nuts in general are a great source of various nutrients and can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Raisins are loaded with antioxidants that help fight cancer cells. The iron content is good for cardiovascular health.
- It is an Indian tradition to exchange gifts on festivals and special occasions. A box of rava ladoos are perfect for such gifting.
- Rava is packed with nutrients and energy and takes time to digest, this way it keeps you away from hunger and cravings.
- Rava can boost metabolism and keep you energetic.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of 1-2 balls can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be perfect as a tea time snack or like a mini desert after a meal.
Eat along with:
- It can be accompanied with any Indian savory/snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients and people who are gluten intolerant shall avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Rava/sooji is a form of semolina that is a product of hard durum wheat. It is made by grinding husked wheat. Rava is a staple food in Indian households. From savouries to sweets, rava is common for its quick and simple recipes. Rava laddu is one such traditional Indian sweet. It is famous for many festivals such as Diwali and Raksha Bandhan. It is also specially prepared on auspicious occasions and for various hindu poojas.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event Served/Most Popular During
- Take a pan and dry roast rava in a low flame. Don't let the rava turn brown, you can switch off the flame in a few minutes.
- Grind the roasted rava into coarse powder and keep it aside in a large bowl.
- Take 1 cup of sugar and grind it to fine powder.
- In a pan add a few spoons of ghee to fry the chopped nuts, add raisins and fry until it puffs up.
- Transfer this content of ghee, nuts and raisins to the bowl of rava.
- Add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix it.
- Once it is hot enough to touch, grease your palm with ghee and take a small to medium amount and roll it into balls.
- You can add hot ghee little by little if it is difficult to roll the balls
- Once the rava laddu is ready you can place it in an airtight container and store for a week or more.
In an additional way, you can also add a few tablespoons of desiccated coconut along with nuts in this case you can decrease the sugar content from one cup to ¾ cup. You can also use hot milk while rolling the balls. Both coconut and milk reduces the shelf life so if you try in this way it has to be consumed in one or two days.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english