- Honey contains Riboflavin, also known as vitamin B2 and Niacin
(Vitamin B3). Riboflavin helps in red blood cell production in the body, which aids in Growth. Niacin, a category under Vitamin B, helps convert food in our body into energy..
- Raw honey has various nutrients that help in maintaining a healthy diet. Its primary nutrients include calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Calcium is the main component of keeping our bones healthy. 99% of our bones and teeth are made of calcium. Potassium keeps our kidneys healthy.
- Replacing sugar intake with honey is the best way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Honey has many value-added nutrients and can cover the most daily nutritional value compared to sugar consumed.
- Honey is the most preferred component in beauty products. Applying honey on the face keeps our skin crystal clear. Honey exfoliates the skin, treats acne, and fades scars from our face.
- Honey is a natural remedy to treat cough. Consuming honey has believed to cure persistent cough. Honey has been a part of ancient traditional practices in India. .
- Eating honey is a natural way to get an energy boost. It is a mixture of simple sugars, glucose, and fructose. Studies have shown that this works best in preventing fatigue and enhancing athletes performance.
- Honey never gets spoiled if placed in an air-tight container, and we don't need it to be kept in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
- The bees dance after returning to the hive with the pollen collection. They dance to signal the beehive about the good flowers' location. The collected nectar is converted into honey with the addition of enzymes.
- Honey bees are the only insects that produce something edible that is ideal for human consumption. Honey is the only food that stays good for years and years.
- The unprocessed form of Honey plays a crucial role in protecting and caring for the tooth against tooth decay. It aids in the reduction of infections in the gum.
- Honey comes in different colors, honey originated from different sources have different textures, colors, and properties. .
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for evenings or after a meal as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside Indian snacks
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes shall not consume.
- People who are lactose intolerant shall avoid.