- Puffed rice can maintain blood pressure as it has low sodium and thereby reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It is ideal to include puffed rice to your diet for weight loss as it does not have much calories and has low fat.
- The vitamins, fibre and mineral content such as iron and calcium improves bone health and helps you stay energetic.
- Jaggery is mineral rich and boosts the immune system.
- The antioxidants and other vitamins in jaggery makes it a natural cleanser for our body and has anti aging properties for skin.
- Both the main ingredients, puffed rice and jaggery improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- Cardamom can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
Story/History of recipe
Puffed rice is made by heating the rice kernels under high pressure. Unlike popcorn as rice has no moisture, puffed rice is made in the presence of steam. It is famous among the street foods in Asian countries and as a breakfast cereal in the western countries.
It can be part of a basic diet, a savory or a sweet as this goes well with many things. Puffed rice with jaggery is one of the best combinations as it simply tastes very well and puffed rice balls is one of its best versions. More than a regular snack it is special for festivals like Makar Sankranti, Diwali and poojas like Ganesh Chaturthi, Karthigai Deepam, sarswati pooja and many more.