- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 36 g
- Protein - 6 g
- Calcium - 11 mg
- Magnesium - 40 mg
- Potassium - 195 mg
- Both gram flour and rice flour are ideal to be included in a gluten free diet
- Overall, gram flour is rich in nutrients that support bone and heart health.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular health problems.
- Gram flour contains high protein and fibre which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It also contains nutrients that help with clearing out impurities in the body and prevents bacteria in the gut.
- It releases enzymes that can be helpful for good digestion.
- It is loaded with minerals like potassium and calcium which can improve bone health and magnesium supports nervous system activity.
- It is rich with B vitamins and iron which can help prevent anemia and can boost energy.
- Jaggery contains antioxidants and fiber. It is ideal to be included in a weight loss diet.
- Few cuisines like Asian, Middle East and North African include palm sugar in both sweet and savoury dishes.
- Palm sugar has a lower glycemic index and contains low glucose compared to sugar and honey.
- Palm sugar is made from the sap of palm trees and contains plant based vitamins and minerals.
- It holds back all the nutrients and contains zero chemicals.
- Major producers of palm sugar include Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- The hometown of all types of Sev including Karupatti Sev in Tamil Nadu is Sattur.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- One bowl of Poosa Mithai can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten after a meal or simply as an evening sweet.
Eat along with:
- This can be eaten as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Consuming it often is not advisable as it is deep fried and high in fructose.
Story/History of recipe
Adhirasam is an ancient Indian sweet as it has been popular since the 16th century. In present India, the origin of this sweet is shared among six states such as Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra and Odisha. All these states continue the tradition till date and prepare this delicious sweet for festivals like Dussehra and Diwali. This sweet also holds many ritual values and is one of the important offerings made in South Indian temples.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- Soak one cup of raw rice in water for about one to one and half hours and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Do not let it dry out completely and it shouldn't be too wet either. While the moisture is still present, grind it into fine powder.
- Sieve this flour and keep it aside.
For preparing the dough for Adhirasam:
- Take a pan, add jaggery and water. Melt it at low to medium flame.
- Once the jaggery has melted into syrup transfer it to another fresh pan using a filter.
- Now let the jaggery thicken.
- To check the right consistency, take a small plate with water, drop a few drops of jaggery and try rolling it into a ball.
- If it is thick enough to roll then the consistency is perfect. Turn off the flame.
- Add the prepared rice flour to this gently, little by little and keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
- Mix them well until the jaggery has absorbed the rice flour and it has become a loose dough.
- Once done you can let cool down to room temperature and transfer it to an airtight container.
- It is preferable to fry this dough into adhirasam on the next day to get a soft and perfect texture.
- You can store this dough at room temperature for 2-3 days too.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.