Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
|Vitamin A||87 mcg||3%|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||4.6 mg||5%|
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 88 cal
- Protein - 1.8 g - 4%
- Carbohydrates - 19 g - 6%
- Fiber - 0.6 g - 2%
- Fat - 0.2 g - 0%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 87 mcg - 3%
- Vitamin B3 - 0.6 mg - 4%
- Vitamin C - 4.6 mg - 5%
- Calcium - 24 mg - 2%
- Iron - 0.6 mg - 3%
- Potassium - 86 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 17.2 mg - 0%
- Phosphorus - 6.8 mg - 0%
- Pappulu/Roasted gram is loaded with protein and fibre, it is healthy to include it in the regular diet and ideal for weight loss as it is also low in calories.
- It is rich in minerals that boosts immunity and improves bone, muscle and heart health thereby prevents cardiovascular disease.
- The vitamins in Pappulu are healthy for skin and hair care. It also helps to improve memory and is good for brain health.
- Jaggery contains nutrients that will help improve and maintain the immune system.
- It also contains minerals that can help in increasing haemoglobin and maintain blood pressure.
- As it is rich in iron it can help prevent fatigue and anemia.
- Both Pappulu and jaggery improves the digestive system and prevents constipation.
- Pappulu is a healthy and suggested one for babies, it can be included in a baby food/porridge.
- Simply a bowl of Pappulu with Sugar has been a popular nutritious food for many years. This combination is best known for its numerous health benefits and used as ayurvedic medicine.
- Karadantu can boost stamina and can help to manage stress.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of 1-2 on a regular basis can be enjoyed by all groups.
Good times to eat:
- Eating this at study/work breaks or evening can keep one energetic and away from hunger pangs and cravings.
- Eating one after a heavy meal can help with good digestion.
- It is good and healthy to eat after a heavy workout session.
Eat along with:
- This can be eaten as it is or as a healthy snack alongside tea or coffee.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes can avoid consuming it more often.
Story/History of recipe
Pappulu/roasted gram/roasted chana dal is commonly available in Indian households. From kids to adults this is consumed by all as it is full of protein, minerals and vitamins. All these nutrients make it healthy for a list of things. It is commonly used in Indian cuisine in different ways. Pappula Undalu is a sweet variety that is famous and traditional. It is simply made with two main ingredients that are healthy and staple. It is prepared on festival times such as Diwali,Nagula Chavithi, Krishan Jayanti and many more.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and add Sugar and water. Melt the Sugar into a syrup at a medium flame.
- Transfer this syrup to a fresh pan using a filter.
- Now let the Sugar boil at a medium flame.
- Let Wait Until Get one String
- Turn off the flame, add Pappulu Pindi and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Once it has mixed well, pour it in to Plate.
- Grease your Plate with ghee so that the Sugar won't stick and is easy to remove.
- Wait For few minutes and cut it in to Diamond or Square shape as you required
- Once the Karadantu are ready you can store these in an airtight container and can be enjoyed for over a week.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english