Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
|Vitamin A||47 mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg||3%|
|Vitamin B9||4 mg||1%|
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 96 cal
- Protein - 1.2 g - 2%
- Carbohydrates - 12 g - 4%
- Fiber - 0.2 g - 1%
- Fat - 5 g - 6%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 47 mcg - 2%
- Vitamin B3 - 0.4 mg - 3%
- Vitamin B9 - 4 mcg - 1%
- Calcium - 4.2 mg - 0%
- Iron - 0.4 mg - 2%
- Potassium - 16 mg - 1%
- Sodium - 1 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 7 mg - 2%
- Phosphorus - 14 mg - 2%
- Coconut milk contains several vitamins and minerals. It helps to lower the blood pressure and cholesterol.
- It can be helpful for weight loss and it is ideal to be included in a regular diet which is vegan and lactose free.
- Coconut oil contains healthy fats that can be a source of energy.
- Eggs contain nutrients that are good for eyes and as they are high in protein and helps with bone and muscle health.
- Protein in eggs are good for weight loss too.
- Though it is said it is originally from Kerala, Rose Cookies is famous all over South India and Sri Lanka.
- As a Syrian Christian snack this is prepared for many Christian ceremonies.
- There are a lot of variations available for this same recipe in different parts of the world with respective traditional values. A similar one in Indonesia is called Kue kembang goyang.
- A Swedish and Norwegian cookie called Rosette cookie is also much similar to this type.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of 2-3 can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- Evenings are good for this light snack.
Eat along with:
- It is perfect to eat with tea or coffee.
- Since it is sweet it goes well with any Indian savories/snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes are advised to avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Rose Cookies also known as achappam in Malayalam, is an Anglo Indian snack from Kerala. It is also called as Gulabilu as it is a sweet flavoured deep fried cookie that is made with a unique flower shaped iron mould. These moulds should be easily available in any South Indian kitchenware shops as this snack is very popular. Rose Cookies is prepared for festivals like Diwali and is one of the important delicacies prepared for Christmas.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
IngredientsTo prepare a batch of around 10 - 15 Rose Cookies the following are the ingredients needed,
- Raw rice flour - 2 cup
- Coconut milk - 3/4 cup (thick)
- Sugar - 1 cup (powdered)
- Egg - 1
- Sesame seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Maida - if required
- Salt - a pinch
- Coconut Oil/any other cooking oil as required for deep fry
Preparation StepsFor Rose Cookies batter:
- Break the egg into a large bowl and beat it.
- Add the powdered sugar and rice flour. Give it a good mix.
- Add coconut milk little by little and mix well.
- The batter must have a slightly thick consistency that is, not too thick or too runny.
- You can correct the consistency by adding a few tablespoons of maida if it is thin or by adding a little more coconut milk in case, if it is thick.
- Add sesame seeds. This is for extra crunch you can ignore or add more as per your preference.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and pour coconut oil as much as needed to deep fry Rose Cookies.
- Heat the oil at high flame. Place the Rose Cookies mould in the oil and let it heat too.
- After a few minutes when the mould has heated, dip it into the batter.
- Dip only 3/4th of the mould. If not the Rose Cookies won't come out of it.
- Now immerse this mould in the hot oil. You can turn down and maintain at low to medium flame.
- In a few minutes, when the batter has started to fry it will remove itself from the mould. If not, slightly shake or use a fork.
- Once it starts frying and the colour has changed a little, flip it with a fork or spatula so that it is evenly cooked.
- You can wait until it has turned golden brown and take it out once it is done.
- Place them on tissue paper or a strainer to drain the excess oil.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter. Continue with low flame. Make sure you heat the mould by immersing it in the pan every time before you dip it into the batter or else the batter won't stick to the mould and the perfect shape won't be possible.
- Once done it can be stored in an airtight container and can enjoy the fresh crispness for over a week.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english