Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
|Vitamin A||150 mcg||5%|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg||0%|
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 104 cal
- Protein - 4 g - 8%
- Carbohydrates - 19 g - 6%
- Fiber - 0.1 g - 0%
- Fat - 1 g - 5%
- Cholesterol - 7 mg - 2%
- Vitamin A - 150 mcg - 5%
- Vitamin C - 0.2 mg - 0%
- Calcium - 208 mg - 16%
- Iron - 6 mg - 1%
- Potassium - 706 mg - 15%
- Sodium - 66 mg - 3%
- Milk is a good source of protein as it contains all essential amino acids. It helps in cellular repair, regulates the immune system and improves muscle health.
- It contains calcium along with other nutrients and vitamins which helps in increasing bone density thereby ensuring strong and healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- The White Revolution in the 70s helped the growth of Srivilliputhur's Palkova. Since then the Co-operative society has developed a lot and has provided a lot of employment opportunities to the residents of the town.
- Srivilliputhur's Palkova earned its geographical indication (GI) tag in 2019.
- It is said that the family who introduced Srivilliputhur Palkova belongs to the same Rajput family who introduced the renowned Thirunelveli Halwa.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of half a cup can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- This can be enjoyed as a dessert or evening time sweet.
Eat along with:
- This is perfect as it is.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients and lactose intolerants shall avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Palkova/ Thiratipal/ Milk Peda is a traditional Tamil Nadu milk sweet that is popular in Srivilliputhur a town in Virudhunagar. Next to Srivilliputhur temple, the emblem of Tamil Nadu, the town is famous for its traditional Palkova. It was first introduced by the Rajput Singh family from North India. It is said that the recipe is a hit because of the richness and quality of milk available there and neighbouring towns. It is prepared and sold majorly by Srivilliputhur Milk Producers Cooperative Society Limited since the 40s. From small to medium scale there are many vendors in Srivilliputhur for Palkova. Anyone who visits the town can't miss this sweet.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
- Take a wide heavy bottomed non stick pan, add one litre milk and boil at low to medium flame.
- Don't let it settle at the sides and gently stir with a wooden ladle.
- It will slowly start to thicken, keep stirring from time to time.
- In 40-50 minutes when it starts to condense add sugar and keep stirring.
- Sugar will melt, give it a good mix and it will again start to condense.
- Add one teaspoon or less ghee, cardamom powder and mix.
- Now when it has mixed well and has become completely thick, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with a pinch of saffron and sliced almonds.
- Once it has cooled down it will be ready to serve.
- It can stay fresh for a week or less if stored in an airtight container and refrigerated.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english