Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Dates are loaded with various kinds of antioxidants which help in removing free radicals and prevent cell damage. It also helps in promoting heart and eye health.
- It has anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties and thereby can prevent the risk of chronic diseases.
- It can help lower blood sugar levels and fat levels. It also can improve the secretion of insulin and hence, be beneficial to people with diabetes.
- It is a great source of minerals and has a good amount of fiber which helps with any digestive issues like relieving constipation.
- Figs are loaded with fiber that helps in many digestive-related issues and acts as prebiotic and promotes gut health.
- It can help in controlling blood sugar and fat levels and thereby prevents the risk of heart issues like cardiovascular diseases. It also helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- The calcium and potassium content helps in strengthening bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Pistachios are loaded with protein, fiber and potassium. It promotes eye and gut health.
- It also helps lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Raisins are loaded with antioxidants that help fight cancer cells. The iron content is good for cardiovascular health.
- White Sesame Seeds are rich in nutrition with healthy unsaturated fats which lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The magnesium and calcium content in sesame seeds improves bone health and the immune system.
- Another similar Indian sweet from Karnataka known as Gokak Karadantu has similar ingredients and is prepared with edible gum.
- There are around 30+ popular laddu varieties available in India.
- Laddus that are prepared with nuts, dry fruits, sesame seeds and more are part of Indian traditional medicines.
- Regular consumption of Dry Fruits laddu can help in boosting stamina and can prevent hunger pangs and cravings.
- Dried dates can be commonly available in households as they are highly nutritious and have a longer shelf life.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one or two small-sized laddus can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert.
- It can be eaten as an energy bar after a heavy workout session or to munch during work or study breaks.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snack varieties.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes should avoid consuming often.
Story/History of recipe
Dry fruit laddu is one of the popular laddu varieties in India. It is versatile and has many variations across the country and has no set ingredients. Inclusions and exclusions of various nuts and dry fruits or even other ingredients can be done as per the individual’s preferences. From including the nuts as a whole to grinding them finely into a powder, any way of preparing works and tastes best for this laddu. It can be consumed regularly as an energy bar and can also be prepared for any special occasion.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
- Chop figs and dates and grind them into a paste and keep it aside.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to a pan and let heat.
- Add raisins and fry until it puffs up.
- Add all the nuts one by one and fry them too.
- Add fig and dates paste and dry roasted white sesame seeds to the pan.
- Mix all the contents well.
- Lastly, sprinkle a teaspoon or less cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Once it is warm enough to touch, grease your palm with ghee and roll them into small-sized balls.
- Alternatively, you can dry roast the nuts and blend them coarsely along with dates and fig.
- Later you can roll this mixture into small laddus as well.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english