Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
Sodium: 34 mg
Vitamin C: 4.2mg
- Tamarind has micronutrients called polyphenols that can help prevent chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular issues.
- It is loaded with magnesium which can help lower blood cholesterol and pressure levels thereby it promotes heart health.
- Antioxidants present in tamarind remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- Garlic is one of the best options to boost the immune system. The vitamins and other nutrients help with curing common illnesses. Regular consumption of a significant amount of garlic may also help prevent chronic diseases such as cancer.
- Antioxidants in garlic support brain health and help in reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- A very similar pickle of Andhra Pradesh is known as Chintakaya Pachadi is prepared with raw tamarind.
- India is the largest producer of tamarind in the world. It is originally from Africa but is widely cultivated in India and Latin America.
- The name tamarind is derived from Arabic and it means ‘Date of India‘. It is also popularly called Tamarindus.
- Tamarind is commonly used in Asian cuisines and traditional medicines.
- Tamarind is very versatile, from cold drinks and condiments to main dishes it goes well with both sweet and savory and is beneficial in many ways. It is included in home remedies for many illnesses.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one or two tablespoons of Chintakaya Thokku can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for lunchtime alongside curd rice.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten alongside lunch or tiffin varieties
When not to eat or eat more often:
- It is advisable to eat in moderation.
Story/History of recipe
Raw Tamarind is one of the common ingredients in Indian pickles. Its pulp acts as a pickling agent and gives the sour flavor. While most Indian pickles have spiciness as the dominant flavor, All the ingredients combine together and give a nice twist of flavors. It is one of the common pickles that is prepared and stored in Indian households. Similar to sweet and sour Green Tamarind Pickle, tamarind and ginger pickle is also popular in South India.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
The following are the ingredients needed to prepare Chintakaya Thokku,
- Chintakaya - 2 KG
- Turmeric Powder- 4 Tablespoons
- Salt as required( Approximately Half KG )
- Garlic - 4 to 5
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- chilli - 4 to 5
- Asafoetida / Hing - ¼ teaspoon
- Take two kilos of Chintakaya Thokku, rinse well with water and air dry them completely.
- Clean stone mortar pestle with dry cloth.
- Now roughly crush the tamarind with salt and turmeric in batches.
- Store them in an airtight container and leave for 3 days.
- On the third day again crush them to get a smooth texture and remove the seeds of Chintakaya /raw tamarind. Mix thoroughly and store in a ceramic pickle jar. Now the Chintakaya Thokku is ready.
- Whenever required, take a few tbsp of Chintakaya Thokku add chillies,Garlic prepare the Chintakaya Thokku, pachadi freshly . Give tadka by adding Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds,Cumin seeds and Asafoetida / Hing
- This Chintakaya Thokku can be used to make other pachadis like dosakaya Green Chintakaya Thokku. Instead of chinta pandu we can use Chintakaya Thokku.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.