Percentage daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet a day. It is used for general nutrition advice and may differ based on a person’s calorie needs.
Amount per serving
- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Carbohydrates - 140 g
- Fiber - 6 g
- Protein - 18 g
- Calcium - 66 mg
- Iron - 4 mg
- Potassium - 489 mg
- Gram flour contains high protein and fiber which makes it ideal for weight loss. It helps to control cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension.
- It contains magnesium that helps to maintain blood pressure and prevents heart diseases.
- Iron and other minerals help prevent anemia and enhance metabolism.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Raisins are loaded with antioxidants that help fight cancer cells. The iron content is good for cardiovascular health.
- Cardamom powder can kill mouth bacteria and prevent bad breath.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps with digestion.
- Tirupati temple got its geographical indication tag (GI) for their laddu in the year 2014
- More than a fragrant, camphor is used in household remedies and traditional medicines to cure digestive issues, relieve cough and cold and prevent obesity and nerve disorders.
- Rock candy has been around for thousands of years. It is common in Chinese, Tamil and Sri Lankan cuisines. It is one of the prashads/offerings for god in Hindu culture.
- Edible camphor is popularly used in pongal, laddus and sweets prepared with khoa.
- Colored rock sugar in a stick, is a popular confectionery in many parts of the world.
- Tirumala Tirupati Laddu preparation kitchen has the capacity to prepare around 300,000 laddus a day with space for over six hundred people.
- Annamayya, a Telugu film portraying the life of Tallapaka Annamacharya was the highest-grossing film in the Telugu movie industry in the year 1997. It has also bagged many awards and was later dubbed in Hindi as well.
- Annamayya laddu can also be prepared by making the batter for boondi with gram flour and milk. It can also help enhance the taste.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two small-sized laddus can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert after lunch
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snacks
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People with diabetes should avoid
Story/History of recipe
Annamayya laddu is originally from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is similar to the globally known Thirumala Tirupati Prasad. The name Annamayya refers to Annamacharya, a Hindu saint and musician of the 15th century who sings the praise of Lord Venkateshwara the deity of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam located in Andhra Pradesh. It is prepared by rolling the sweetened boondi (besan droplets) with other crunchy ingredients into small balls. The preparation of sweet is simple and easy making it one of the common prashads/offerings in South India. The ingredients and delicious taste of the laddu make it an unforgettable and everyone’s favorite laddu.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Ellu Bella In Chennai From:
- Ellu Bella In Hyderabad From:
- Ellu Bella In Bangalore From:
- Health Benefits of Ellu Bella From:
- Ellu Bella Recipe Preparation Steps From:
- Organic Turmeric Powder From:
- In a bowl add a cup of gram flour with two to three tablespoons of ghee and water if required and mix them well into a batter consistency.
- In a wide heavy-bottomed pan, add ghee as required for deep fry and let it melt.
- Once the ghee is heated, use a perforated surface and fry the boondi droplets
- Hold the perforated ladle above the pan and pour in the prepared batter on it.
- Gently tap the ladle and the batter will fall in as tiny droplets. You can rub the batter to and fro if needed.
- Stop when the pan is full and let it fry.
- Fry them until it turns light brown and remove them using a strainer and transfer it to a dry bowl.
- Continue the process for the remaining batter. Clean the ladle with water and dry it with a cloth if the batter has dried out and blocked the holes.
- Once the batter is done, in the same pan, fry cashews, almonds, and raisins separately and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, in a different pan add one and a half cup of sugar and a quarter cup of water. Melt it into a sugar syrup. Keep stirring occasionally and switch off the flame when it is done.
- Transfer the fried balls of boondi to the sugar syrup. Soon the boondi will absorb the sugar syrup.
- Add fried cashews, almonds and raisins.
- Add rock candy, cardamom powder, edible camphor and mix all the contents.
- While mixing slightly smash them and add one or two tablespoons of ghee.
- Grease your palm with ghee as well and roll the prepared mixture into small-sized balls.
- Garnish with sliced almonds if preferred and it is ready to eat.
Quick Access To
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
We don’t have any returns for food items. In case if its any other non perishable product based on the concerns and by validating it by the concerned team we may accept the returns.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english
There are no reviews yet.