- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 158 cal
- Protein - 4.2 g - 8%
- Carbohydrates - 19 g - 6%
- Fiber - 1.4 g - 5%
- Fat - 8 g - 10%
- Cholesterol - 0 mg - 0%
- Vitamin A - 6 mcg - 0%
- Vitamin B3 - 2 mg - 13%
- Vitamin B9 - 38 mcg - 10%
- Vitamin E - 1.4 mg - 9%
- Calcium - 29 mg - 2%
- Iron - 1.2 mg - 7%
- Potassium - 113 mg - 2%
- Sodium - 2.8 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 27 mg - 6%
- Phosphorus - 67 mg - 6%
- Zinc - 0.6 mg - 5%
- Peanuts are loaded with proteins and fibre that helps in increasing the energy levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and manages blood sugar.
- It contains healthy fats and low carbohydrates.
- It is also rich in vitamins and minerals that can be helpful for muscle and heart health. These nutrients are also essential during pregnancy.
- Vitamins that improve brain health and boost memory are also present in peanuts.
- Jaggery contains nutrients that will help improve and maintain the immune system.
- It also contains minerals that help in increasing haemoglobin and maintain blood pressure.
- It is rich in iron and can help prevent fatigue and anemia
- Peanut had traveled outer space when American Astronaut Alan Shepard took it with him in 1961.
- Nuts based brittle candies are popular worldwide. Around the world they are prepared with sugar while most of the Indian ones are prepared with jaggery.
- In North India this is called as Crushed peanuts Chikki or Lonavala Chikki.
- Chikki was originally prepared around a hundred years ago as a simple, tasty, cheap and healthy bar of candy for workers laying the railway tracks at Lonavala, Maharashtra.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant amount of 1-2 pieces on a regular basis can be enjoyed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is healthy to eat after a heavy meal as it can help with digestion.
- This can be munched during work or study hours as it can be filling and it increases the energy levels. It also prevents cravings.
- This can be enjoyed anytime to boost your stamina.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside tea or coffee.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- People who are allergic to peanuts and diabetic patients should avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
India has a wide range of mittai varieties, especially the type that is prepared with nuts and jaggery. Koko Mittai is a South Indian brittle that is prepared with crushed peanuts and glazing jaggery. It shares the heritage of Kovilpatti Kadalai mittai. This has been one of the favourite and staple snacks of Tamil Nadu for many years almost since the 40s.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Take a pan and dry roast one cup of peanuts at a low flame
- Peel off the skin and grind these peanuts coarsely.
- Add cardamom powder, mix well and keep it aside.
- In a pan add one cup of jaggery and a little water to melt.
- Once it is melted into a syrup transfer it to another fresh pan by using a filter.
- Let it boil at low to medium flame and keep stirring until it thickens.
- It has to attain hard or candy consistency. To test this take water in a small plate and add half a teaspoon of this syrup. Try rolling the jaggery and if the syrup turns into a hard ball then the consistency is right.
- Lower the flame and add the crushed peanuts.
- Mix the contents well into a slightly thick loose dough.
- Meanwhile grease a flat surfaced plate or tray with ghee or oil and keep it ready.
- Once it has mixed well turn off the flame and transfer it to the plate.
- Flatten the dough with one inch thickness or as per your preference.
- Cut it into pieces of desired shape while it is hot enough using a greased knife. It won't be possible once it has set so cut while it is hot.
- Keep this aside for a few minutes. Once it has set well the pieces will be hard and easy to take.
- Store them in an airtight container and it can stay fresh for a month.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english