- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 319 cal
- Protein - 5 g - 10%
- Carbohydrates - 38 g - 13%
- Fiber - 5 g - 18%
- Fat - 17 g - 23%
- Cholesterol - 2 mg - 1%
- Vitamin A - 154 mcg - 5%
- Vitamin B1 - 0.2 mg - 17%
- Vitamin B2 - 0.1 mg - 8%
- Vitamin B3 - 2 mg - 13%
- Vitamin B9 - 15 mcg - 4%
- Vitamin C - 0.1 mg - 0%
- Vitamin E - 0.3 mg - 2%
- Calcium - 40 mg - 3%
- Iron - 2 mg - 11%
- Potassium - 132 mg - 3%
- Sodium - 10 mg - 0%
- Magnesium - 54 mg - 13%
- Wheat is rich in fiber and helps with digestion and improves gut health.
- Minerals like phosphorus and calcium help in maintenance and development of body tissues and strengthening of bones.
- The potassium content helps in lowering blood pressure levels and promotes a healthy heart.
- It contains a good amount of B vitamins that are healthy for pregnant women. It helps in the growth of body cells, improve metabolism and increase energy levels.
- Garlic is one of the best options to boost the immune system. The vitamins and other nutrients help with curing common illnesses. A regular consumption of a significant amount of garlic may also help prevent chronic diseases such as cancer.
- Antioxidants in garlic support brain health and help in reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Regular consumption of wheat can help in lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Kala Kala biscuits is a similar Indian sweet treat with a few variations to Spicy Thukkada and it is also popular throughout the country.
- Wheat is a largely grown crop and its trade worldwide is greater than all other crops combined.
- Garlic has antibacterial properties and can fight infections. The nutrients in it also help improve the skin health.
- India is one among the top 5 largest producers of wheat in the world.
- Spicy Thukkada is similar to a popular namkeen of North India, known as Namak Para. It is also a Diwali special snack.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one small bowl can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect as an evening snack.
Eat along with:
- It can be enjoyed alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- It can be eaten with its sweeter version.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Not advisable to consume often as it is a deep fried snack.
- People with gluten intolerance shall avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Spicy Thukkada / Kara Thukkada is a Tirunelveli special crunchy bites. It is one of the common household snacks that is simple to prepare and favorite for everyone. Among other sweets and snacks this is also prepared for Diwali. Sweet alternative of the same is also available which is covered with sugar syrup.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- In a bowl, mix wheat flour, garlic paste, red chilli powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Pour water little by little and knead it into a non sticky tight dough. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls by taking lemon sized amounts of dough and rolling it.
- Flatten each ball using a rolling pin by dusting the surface and dough with wheat flour so that it doesn't stick.
- Cut the flat dough into any desired shapes like diamonds or squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Repeat the same process for remaining dough.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying at high flame.
- Lower the flame and fry the pieces. Give it a stir occasionally to fry well.
- Fry them batch by batch as per the capacity of the pan.
- Make sure to cook every batch uniformly for better taste.
- Once it has puffed up and fried well take it in a strainer or tissue cloth to remove excess oil.
- Prepared Spicy Thukkada can be stored in an airtight container and can stay fresh for over 10 days.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english