- Interesting Facts
- Recipe/Cooking Process
- Why KandraFoods?
- Become a Contributor (Earn by writing)
- Energy - 283 Cal
- Protein - 2.8g - 56%
- Carbohydrates - 11g - 4%
- Fiber - 1g - 2%
- Fat - 8.5g - 11%
- Cholesterol - 1mg - 0
- Vitamin A - 4mcg - 0.08%
- Calcium - 16 mg - 1%
- Iron - 1 mg - 8%
- Potassium - 34 mg - 1%
- Sodium - 13 mg - 1%
- Magnesium - 19 mg - 4.75%
- Phosphorus - 25 mg - 2.5%
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and prevent anemia.
- Jaggery is rich in iron which gives energy and prevents fatigue and anemia.
- It also contains nutrients that control blood pressure and helps to increase hemoglobin.
- As it is rich in minerals, it boosts immunity, improves the digestive system and prevents constipation.
- It helps in detoxification and purifies the body. It also helps ease menstrual cramps and joint pains.
- Ghee helps absorb nutrients and can improve the immune system as it contains antioxidants. It can also relieve digestion issues.
- Though Jeedipappu Pakam can be done in any manner, traditionally the cashew and jaggery mixture is poured on a greased plate or tray and later broken into pieces instead of evenly cut pieces.
- Other similar and popular Indian snacks that are prepared with jaggery syrup include Kadalai Mittai (Peanut bar/chikki), Ellu mittai (Black sesame seeds bar/chikki) Pottukadalai urundai (Roasted gram balls) and more.
- The cashew apple, the stalk or the top green or brown part from where the nut hangs, is also edible and is consumed raw or as a juice.
- Indian, Thailand and Chinese cuisines popularly use cashews in their sweets and gravies otherwise mostly cashews are consumed in their raw form.
- Alternatively, Jeedipappu Pakam can also be tried with sugar syrup but jaggery is healthier compared to sugar.
- Jaggery contains cleansing agents that help remove toxins from the body. It has many health benefits and is considered a natural remedy for different illnesses.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces of Jeedipappu Pakam can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert. Consuming after a meal helps with digestion.
- It can also be eaten during work/study breaks like energy bars.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or alongside any Indian snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients shall avoid consuming.
- People allergic to cashews should avoid consuming.
Story/History of recipe
Khaju Mithai or Jeedipappu Pakam is a special traditional sweet of Andhra Pradesh. Jeedipappu in Telugu means cashews and this sweet is prepared by mixing dry roasted cashew halves with melted jaggery. It is similar to the famous brittle or chikki variety of India. Unlike other popular chikkis, Jeedipappu Pakam has a fudgy texture instead of a crunchy candy bar texture. It is an easy and tasty snack to munch and it fights hunger pangs.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- Dry roast the cashews in a pan at a low flame for a couple of minutes and keep it aside. Do not over roast.
- Add jaggery to a pan and a little water and melt it completely.
- Clean the melted jaggery using a filter and add it to a fresh pan.
- Cook the jaggery in a low to medium flame until it thickens.
- You need to get a consistency where it has attained the soft ball consistency. Be very cautious and don't let it turn dark as it can spoil the taste.
- To test the consistency, take some water in a small bowl and drop a few drops of jaggery in it.
- Try rolling it into a small ball. If it is thick enough and soft then the consistency is perfect.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Soon add the roasted cashews and cardamom powder. Give it a mix. You can switch off the flame in one or two minutes after adding cashews.
- Once it has mixed well transfer the contents to a flat container that is greased with ghee.
- You can leave it to rest as it is or you can also cut them into small pieces with a greased knife.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and soon it will set well.
- Once it is ready remove the pieces and it is ready to eat.
- This can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed for over a month.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english