- Appadalu is a good source of fiber. It has many health benefits, especially for diabetes. Fiber keeps your stomach healthy and functional.
Appadalu produces various excreted enzymes to promote metabolism, which aids in good digestion.
Appadalu is very beneficial for people who are into weight loss. Appadalu has significantly fewer calories, and minimal amounts of its intake can beat your hunger and keep you full.
Appadalu is a healthy snack with a good amount of proteins and is gluten-free. This makes the snack enjoyable for any age group.
Appadalu is enjoyed by every region in India, and appreciated by overseas countries as an excellent innovation
- Appadalu is the most consumed side snack in India. People in India have been enjoying it for centuries.
Originally papads were made from urad or dal flours, but over time they have been made from every kind of starch, from rice to potatoes to tapioca.
In south India, different states have different names for Appadalu,
and it was originated 500 years ago.
Who, when, and how to consume:
All age groups can enjoy it but in Moderation, as it has a high amount of sodium.
Good times to eat:
- Appadalu can be consumed as an evening snack or along with a meal as a side dish.
Eat along with:
- Appadalu is enjoyed with a meal as a side snack.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Eating in moderation is advised because it has a high amount of sodium.