- Figs are loaded with fiber that helps in many digestive-related issues and acts as prebiotic and promotes gut health.
- It can help in controlling blood sugar and fat levels and thereby prevents the risk of heart issues like cardiovascular diseases. It also helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- The calcium and potassium content helps in strengthening bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- Dates are loaded with various kinds of antioxidants which help in removing free radicals and prevent cell damage. It also helps in promoting heart and eye health.
- It has anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties and thereby can prevent the risk of chronic diseases.
- It can help lower blood sugar levels and fat levels. It also can improve the secretion of insulin and hence, be beneficial to people with diabetes.
- It is a great source of minerals and has a good amount of fiber which helps with any digestive issues like relieving constipation.
- Cashews contain healthy fats, protein and calcium which improves brain and bone health.
- It also has antioxidants and helps in the prevention of inflammation and other diseases.
- It is packed with minerals like magnesium and iron. It can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing anemia.
- Almonds are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats hence can be included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
- It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
- It is rich in vitamin E which reduces the risk of heart problems, cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- A cup of figs contains the same amount of calcium as much as a cup of milk would contain.
- Consuming dates on a regular basis can help boost learning and memory power and can prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other brain-related issues.
- Both figs and dates have natural sweetness content that can help avoid sugar for people with a sweet tooth and help prevent cravings.
- The fig tree is considered as a symbol of abundance, fertility and sweetness. It also has a few mentions in Greek and Roman mythology
- There are over 200 varieties of dates available and can be classified into three types such as soft, semi-soft and dry.
- Fig puree is used in baked goods to replace fat. It is also popularly included in cookies.
Suggested consumable by age groups
- A significant quantity of one to two pieces can be consumed by all age groups.
Good times to eat:
- It is perfect for the evening or after a meal as a dessert.
Eat along with:
- It can be eaten as it is or with any Indian snacks.
When not to eat or eat more often:
- Diabetic patients should avoid or not consume often.
- People allergic to figs shall avoid.
Story/History of recipe
Anjeer roll is a popular sweet in India. The main ingredient of the sweet is Anjeer, also known as figs in English. This sweet can be prepared without sugar as well, as this recipe uses dried figs which contain a good amount of sweetness that can be enough and more healthy. It is a mix of dry fruits and nuts hence can include ingredients like raisins, pistachios, etc. if preferred. It can be slightly similar to swiss rolls in appearance and has other variations as well. This simple and healthy sweet can be prepared for special occasions or festivals like Diwali.
Recipe Ingredients, Preparation Steps and Occasions Served
Watch Recipe Video
Event/Festivals Served/Most Popular During
- If the fig is hard, soak it in water for a few minutes.
- Dry roast the chopped nuts and grind them coarsely.
- Drain the water and remove the soaked fig and cut into small pieces.
- In a blender add chopped figs and seedless dates and grind them into a dough.
- Heat a pan with one or two tablespoons of ghee, add the fig and dates mixture, sugar and dry roasted nuts.
- Give it a good mix. Let it cook until it becomes non-sticky and switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Grease your palm with a teaspoon of ghee and roll the mixture into a log.
- Meanwhile, dry roast poppy seeds for a second or two and keep them ready on a plate.
- Roll the mixture log on the plate and cover it with poppy seeds.
- Wrap this with aluminum foil paper and let it rest for an hour.
- When it is set cut them into pieces and it is ready to eat.
Kandra foods ships all over India ( to all the pin codes), and usually it takes 1-4 days to reach the destination based on zones you belong to.
No we don’t charge any extra for shipping the products prices are all inclusive.
The best thing you can do is to ask your security or neighbor to collect it and keep it with them and you can later collect it from them. If you don’t respond the product will be sent back to us and you may have to still bear all the shipping costs to get it delivered.
There is no minimum or maximum order value, when your order is worth Rs 2000 and more you would get a discount and you can avail it any time including the current order.you can proceed ordering as much quantity and varieties you can. For corporate orders you are requested to do an online transfer to the bank account instead of paying online on the website.
Yes, we may have seasonal deals and discounts and its not assured always, but then you can always avail a discount when your order is worth Rs. 2000 and more, you can ask for it over the chat or write to us or call directly to the available number on the website.
Yes, we serve custom orders for occasions like Srimantham (Baby shower), Oni function, festivals, small events, marriages, naming ceremonies, etc.
Yes, you can. You have to specifically mention it during your purchase, sometimes it would be chargeable based on the purchase value, product, event/occasions etc.
Yes, you can order at least 7 days in advance. So we make sure it's delivered on time to your door. We serve at least 200+ function/bulk orders every month, the most common functions we serve are the baby shower (Srimantham), Oni function, Naming ceremony etc.
Its an amazing opportunity for the women who has passion for cooking and writing! our platforms allows everyone to share their knowledge and earn in parallel. Now you can utilize your free time for sharing your knowledge on KandraFoods,
- You should be passionate about cooking & related & love sharing the same with the community
- You should be proficient writing in your mother tongue or in English
- You should know the basic email communication and english